Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've run into a weird problem with my ryzen 7 1700.
I will try to be as detailed as possible and will start with my specs first.

R7 1700 @ 3.85Ghz with NZXT kraken x62 AIO
Gigabyte gaming 5 x370 bios version 23f (latest)
Gskill flarex 3200Mhz cl14 16 GB (2x8gb)
MSI GTX 1060 6gb
Corsair CX650M PSU
Win 10 pro (build 1803) on a Samsung evo 970 m.2 Nvme

When stressing the cpu in Intelburntest the system is freezing for a few seconds to continue after that. So no hardlock or BsoD.
Sometimes i get a black screen for a few second (monitor says no signal) just to come back on after the load is over or a new cycle starts.
This also happens in blender when rendering the AMD cpu or running the benchmark.
Loading optimized settings in the Uefi risults in the same freezing

When i open task manager , core affinity and run IBT or Blender on 14 threads everything runs fine so its only when all cores are on 100% load
I tryed booting into safe mode and run IBT and then its all good even running IBT on all cores/threads, no freezes.
Im pretty sure it run all fine before. im running this system since august 2017.

I'm running my chip at 1.375 core voltage and 1.15 SoC. LLC on turbo.
tryed putting more volts in but it keeps giving these freezes. Also runned the tests on stock frequency, still freezes. Memory on 2400mhz instead of 3200. still freezes.
I'm running out of ideas...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright.. Dit some more testing and found that is was a combination of EVGA precision XOC and the CAM NZXT software running in the background.

·
Registered
424 Posts
You shouldn't need 1.15V SOC voltage for Samsung B-die memory , I'd try to lower it to 1.05-1.1V.
Worth trying to go even lower. I only need 0.931V SOC for 3200Mhz on memory. Also with lower SOC voltage I need lower Vcore to get the CPU stable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You shouldn't need 1.15V SOC voltage for Samsung B-die memory , I'd try to lower it to 1.05-1.1V.
Worth trying to go even lower. I only need 0.931V SOC for 3200Mhz on memory. Also with lower SOC voltage I need lower Vcore to get the CPU stable.
Thanks for the feedback. I left the SOC voltage on auto which resulted in 1.23 volts so I manually lowered it to 1.15. Will lower it even more now. Thanks for the heads up .

·
Registered
37 Posts
My Ryzen 1700 always froze like that running IBT it always recovered after like a few seconds still at 100% CPU load and the score for that test never changed, Not sure why. It was on a clean install of windows as well.

I tried CPU-Z stress test and it never did that, but I didn't have that system long enough to fully figure it out.

Running IBT on my 5960x or my old FX8320 system its smooth and no soft freezing or anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts