Overclock.net banner
221 - 240 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Very likely some of your cores are not stable.

Use CoreCycler to verify, -25 all core is extreme.

High LLC and PWM are required to sustain low CO counts.
You can also set Boost clock from 0 to 50 to reduce the frequency boost, performances will be slightly impacted.
Unless you have a royal cooling the cores will not keep more than 5100 MHz on sustained load.
I've found that with my stable curve i get better results running +25 MHz than something like 75 or even 100 MHz as boost clock, still have to test it the voltage offset of 0.0375 could help me handle a better curve since this has been tested with no offset and best core seems not able to be 100% under -5

·
Registered
104 Posts
I keep getting random reboot using dynamic oc switch mainly while gaming, I've tested the pbo curve using prime 95 and setting core affinity to test each core individually and it was stable even after many cycles. I didn't test too much the manual core overclock but it was stable during 20 loop run of cinebench r20 and it shouldn't be an issue during gaming since the Dynamic oc should be running the pbo curve. Any suggestions on how could i fix this issue?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I keep getting random reboot using dynamic oc switch mainly while gaming, I've tested the pbo curve using prime 95 and setting core affinity to test each core individually and it was stable even after many cycles. I didn't test too much the manual core overclock but it was stable during 20 loop run of cinebench r20 and it shouldn't be an issue during gaming since the Dynamic oc should be running the pbo curve. Any suggestions on how could i fix this issue?
well dynamic oc rebooting would imply your oc settings in the per ccx overclock. We are talking dynamic oc on dark hero correct? How have you pinned down its dynamic? Are you fully stable with it off? If so, it has nothing to do with pbo, dynamic oc disables pbo and enables an all core overclock that you set in your per ccx settings. It can act a little weird and cause issues too if you don’t have the right amps for when it switches, and how fast it switches. What are your settings? Cooling and pbo curve?

·
Registered
99 Posts
In CoreCycler still runs 5020 MHz despite -8 seems a miserable negative count.
It only seems so. I'm running my 5950X with -11 and -10 on the 2 best cores. The rest ist between -12 and -18 on the 1. (better) CCD and between -22 and -27 on the 2. CCD. Plus I'm adding +200 Boost Override. Works fine on every scenario (CoreCycler tested with 100 iterations, Agesa 1202 Bios).

Attachments

·
Overclocker
4,364 Posts
What is your voltage, frequency and amperage switching point?
And what cpu?

·
Premium Member
18,285 Posts
playing with my 5950x so far i found these settings i like only thing does push quite a bit of volts on single core going to work on dialing offset back without causing crashes or low boosts.

• Rep+
Reactions: PACIFIST

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice Results, Bal3Wolf, but I see some core-stretching, when i look at you effective clocks. I get better SC-results with my 5950X when I balance the cores with CO trying to reduce core-stretching. (Results with custom TDP Limits):

·
Premium Member
18,285 Posts
Nice Results, Bal3Wolf, but I see some core-stretching, when i look at you effective clocks. I get better SC-results with my 5950X when I balance the cores with CO trying to reduce core-stretching. (Results with custom TDP Limits):

View attachment 2517764

View attachment 2517765

View attachment 2517766
What kind of settings do you run might try to plug them in and see what i get i am very happy with the muticore speeds tho topping 30-31k in cb23 and my app i use to make money hit a all time high from high boosts. At timess i can break 700 on cpu benchmark with same settings see 707 as the top speed but i notice what you mean per sc vs ef sc muti is great tho.

• Rep+
Reactions: PACIFIST

·
Premium Member
18,285 Posts
well i kinda screwed up lol started trying to get a better sc clock and screwed it all up to point had to a do a bios reset and turned out i was stupid and didnt save the profile lol mainly im using fmax with a offset voltage to make it stable and clock correct and a little co negative offset.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh yeah, same here Bal3Wolf. I also ran into troubles, trying to optimize sc. Mayn things can go wrong ;)

Besides CO, I used PPT 150, TDC 105 EDC 150, Boost Override +200, PBOFmax disabled (used it one year ago successfully with my 3900X, but with zen3 it only results in instabilities) for my above results. For CO i use currently -16/-17 on my best cores up to -29 on my worst cores on my second CCD.

When i switch to mainboard-limits (Asus C8HW at ~ PPT 274, TDC 184, EDC 200), i get a higher mc result, but still no better sc-result:

Better MC-results are possible, but only with an allcore setting at about 4600/4700.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Also I adjusted the telemetry setting of the board, since the bios implementations are not really adjusted perfectly to every cpu. For my 5950X I had to specify a +4000 CPU TelemetryOffset to reach ~ 100% Power Deviation Report (on HWInfo) while running a CB23 MC benchmark or CPU-Z stresstest in a loop. If the PRD is more than +- 5% away from 100% (only during mc-runs), then you can try to adjust this as well. On my Asus C8HW it's located under Extreme Tweaker/Tweaker's Paradise/CPU Core Current Telemetry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also I adjusted the telemetry setting of the board, since the bios implementations are not really adjusted perfectly to every cpu. For my 5950X I had to specify a +4000 CPU TelemetryOffset to reach ~ 100% Power Deviation Report (on HWInfo) while running a CB23 MC benchmark or CPU-Z stresstest in a loop. If the PRD is more than +- 5% away from 100% (only during mc-runs), then you can try to adjust this as well. On my Asus C8HW it's located under Extreme Tweaker/Tweaker's Paradise/CPU Core Current Telemetry.
Thank you, but unfortunately on Gigabyte XTREME MOBO we do not have such features. What are your PBO params?

·
Premium Member
18,285 Posts
i decided to use a ccd overclock 4.8Ghz on ccd1 4.6Ghz on ccd2 about 1.35-1.38 vcore 100% stable cb23 will peg 85-93c but nothing else even gets past 80c even 100% metatrader load system feels very fast now.

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,303 Posts
i decided to use a ccd overclock 4.8Ghz on ccd1 4.6Ghz on ccd2 about 1.35-1.38 vcore 100% stable cb23 will peg 85-93c but nothing else even gets past 80c even 100% metatrader load system feels very fast now.
What kind of cooling are you using? Just curious. I will do a all core overclock soon (or ccd overclocking depending on how week it is).

·
Premium Member
18,285 Posts
I have 1 hardware labs 360 gts with 3 ek 120mk vardars in push and hardwarelabs 360 gtx with 6 Ek 120mm vardar fans and my last rad is a ek ce420 rad with 6 artic cooling 140mm fans. Im using dual ddc 3.2 pumps in serial and a TECHN block along with a 3090 Kingpin HC in the loop. Highest normal temps iv seen ar 75c sorry if some typos typing on my phone..

• Rep+
Reactions: gtz

·
Registered
220 Posts
That voltage will eat your chip over time. If you're going to upgrade in the next 18 months, it might not be a problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That voltage will eat your chip over time. If you're going to upgrade in the next 18 months, it might not be a problem.
Who decides this? Do you know something amd doesn’t? It’s roughly within spec. Maybe you designed the chip. And no one asks about llc, is that voltage drooping? It matters.

221 - 240 of 250 Posts