Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my RAM speed in bios from 2133 to 3200 using the XMP settings. At first it didn't save when I tried to restart it so I changed it again. Then when I tried to restart the computer it wouldn't boot up. The monitors, mouse and keyboard won't turn on but the LED's and fan in the computer are on. I also noticed there's a little orange light on the bottom right which is supposed to indicate CPU detection failure? is it possible it could have fried?

-Tried removing CMOS battery for an hour
-Tried 1 RAM stick/switching RAM around (I don't have any extra RAM to test)
-Reseated CPU, GPU and replugged everything
-Holding power button down while unplugged
-Shorting the jumper w/screw driver
This motherboard has a switch that's supposed to let me boot from backup bios also but it's not working either.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WmtpPs
https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/D1a8cPwzW6S.pdf

any help is appreciated.

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,822 Posts
Can be anything at this point. See if your mobo is giving an error code.

Other then that, if you don't have extra parts to test with it will be impossible to know what is causing it.

You're better off taking it to a local computer shop and they can trouble shoot for probably around $20.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my motherboard isnt making any beeps when it turns on but if I remove the RAM it makes the beeps for that. It's also giving me the error 0d which is not listed in the bug manual so I'm not completely sure what it means. I've tried looking it up and I've seen people state that it has to do with the CMOS battery/RAM but again I'm not sure since it seems like those people were just speculating.

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,822 Posts
I'd try striping it down and booting with the bare minimum outside the case.

·
Premium Member
10,419 Posts
did the voltage increase as well? if not you may need to manually go past the XMP settings by.1 or .2 volts on the dram

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
far stretch but when i built my parents computer and updated the bios to the newest one it had XMP issues and i couldn't get the ram to run. had to reflash bios back to an older one and it was back to working just fine. maybe get it running on slow speed and change flash the bios if it hasn't been done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunderman456 View Post

I'd try striping it down and booting with the bare minimum outside the case.
I tried that but I feel like none of that is really helping since the CPU is not being detected (according to the little orange light). I can try it again though if I still can't find a solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROBN4LYFE View Post

did the voltage increase as well? if not you may need to manually go past the XMP settings by.1 or .2 volts on the dram
The voltage actually did not increase, I noticed that while I was in the bios but figured the XMP had it covered
frown.gif
i believe it was 1.35v. I have no idea how to increase the voltage though since I'm stuck unable to boot
sadsmiley.gif

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also thought about flashing the bios but since the monitors aren't working either I can't load up any usbs or cd drives. I thought removing the battery would fix everything, plus with this motherboard it's supposed to have a backup setting in case something goes wrong but everything seems to have failed me
jealoussmiley.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts