Overclock.net banner

161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
These are already listed with screens from two different users.

Did you confirm the die revsion with the lot code? If not, I'd be interested in a photo of the new modules.
Hi emissary42!

If those modules were already submitted they're not part of the list on page 1, so it'd be good if they were added... My bad tho.

As I did not do what you said, here is a picture of the modules. If you want a picture of both of them I can do that in a few days when I disassemble part of my loop again.
If however you wanted a picture of the memory chips themselves, I don't really want to disassemble the thing because of warranty...

Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Tried 4 Kits all 16 GB (8X2) in my Ryzen 3700X
1- Viper Steel 4400 Samsung B-Die
2- G.Skill GVKB Hynix CJR Runs at 3600 Easy
3- G.Skill GVKB Dont have these right now
4- G.Skill GVGB Samsung C-Die

Attachments

·
Collector
125 Posts
If those modules were already submitted they're not part of the list on page 1, so it'd be good if they were added... My bad tho.
Oh sorry, to clarify that: I am talking about my own B-Die list at Hardwareluxx, that one still gets updated.

Hope this helps!
Yes, it did - thank you. The lot code in the picture confirms Samsung 8Gbit B-Die for your new kit.

1- Viper Steel 4400 Samsung B-Die
Thank you, will add it as the 2nd screenshot for that one in the next update.

·
Registered
350 Posts
@emissary42

Not a problem

Hey I see your post on Hardwareluxx what is the most up to date info on Samsung C-Die ?

I have this G.Skill GVGB Kit and its awful on any Ryzen.
(It ends with -10C and date is from August 2019)

Should these only be used on Intel systems?>

Sorry to ask its hard to translate all the Hardwareluxx posts.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have Corsair Vengence Pro RGB CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18 2 x 8GB. I have some Patriot 4400 viper steel like above on the way (I saw a goodish price on Amazon and I bought 2 sets). I just tried some mild overclock. I tried setting IF + MC to 1866 but I got eight errors in memtest86 USB stick. I don't know if it was my CPU or what so I tried 1833MHz and with 1 run of test 7 in memtest (I seem to recall that one being a good test), and 2 passes of TechPowerUp's program (screenshot). Timings as XMP profile.

One thing I don't understand is after using the thaipoon program a few times (opening and closing), it is giving less information but I got a screenshot. Need it still for the Patriot sticks.

Edit: I updated Thaipoon Burner and relayed the timings into DRAM calculator for Ryzen. With timings for Safe 3666, I got to 1862.9Mhz on RAM and NB frequency. I initially tried 3733 with the IF/2 * MF and it was stable with memtest. When I got into windows I was alerted by HWiNFO that my IF speed with less than 1800Mhz so I changed that. I have IF overclocking enabled which locks it to speed you set and I added 10mV for stability which was needed.

I tried 3800 but was unstable on desktop so I put it back where it was. I'm going to try changing the timings to what DRAM calc recommends for 3800 MT/s.

Attachments

·
Collector
125 Posts
Hey I see your post on Hardwareluxx what is the most up to date info on Samsung C-Die?

I have this G.Skill GVGB Kit and its awful on any Ryzen. Should these only be used on Intel systems?
They are actually pretty usable with Zen2 as well, however their scaling properties are very different from other ICs and so lots of people tend to have bad results with them.

Super compressed info drop:
- since they have low voltage tolerance, frequency scales mostly from timings (primaries, tRFC)
- going over their voltage threshold will result in negative scaling (reducing frequency headroom)
- the voltage sweet spot is below 1.35V in some cases and if over usually not by much
- average kits can hit 3600+ 18-20-20 no problem, good ones will do 3800 17-20-20, both sub 1.35V

For reference this is our thead about them for google translate: https://www.hardwareluxx.de/communi...c-ergebnisse-im-startbeitrag-updated.1198323/

·
Registered
478 Posts
Here is mine:
R5 3600 + Asus Prime X570-P

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey,

Did not see my kit in the list on first page. Hope I'm not blind.

Originally it's a 3200 CL16 kit ; 2x 16 Go ; Ref: BLS16G4D32AESB.M16FE

This is my first OC draft. Will edit this post when I refine things a bit. But it might at least give some data. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi guys! I'm gonna copy/paste my text from another thread because i think it's dead... Here goes:

I am having problems with my setup (R5 1600x + C6H) and Hynix CJR (2x8Gb Ripjaws V F4 C15 3000). Tryed playing with Dram Calc but no success. I can't seem to get it to work at more than 3000Mhz @CL15 (not fully stable). Tryed almost everything, but it's a bit too early to say - got it from RMA yesterday morning (as a supstitute for my old Ripjaws which had Samsung E-dies - they ran @3200MHz CL16 + tight subs). If i didn't know better i would say my IMC is crap but the funny thing is, my friend's Micron E-die (Ballistix Sport LT 3000 CL15) works great on my cpu. I had it running on 3466Mhz CL16 @ 1.38v with good sub-timings fully stable... So, i guess CJR is simply not very compatible with first gen Ryzen or it really requires some heavy tweaking... Anyway, i'll try to play with it again throughout these couple of days, if unsuccessfull i think i'll simply swap with my friend, he has R5 3600 + MSI B450 Tomahawk Max (CJR should work just fine on this)... Any chance a newer Bios could help? I'm asking because i'm on an older version of Bios (6401 with Agesa 1.0.0.6) because it should be best for first gen Ryzen...

Edit: I managed to get 3200 CL16 with a Bios update (7704 + Agesa Combo 1.0.0.4), all ODT settings on auto, timings are manual.
It's interesting to see that Auto setting prefers ProcODT @60 and RttNom/RttWr Disabled - where Dram Calc points to completely different values, guess it needs more tuning with CJR/DJR...
This is where i am at right now, i won't give up so easily but would apriciate any help/input. Thank you

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Just bought 2x kits Kingston HyperX HX436C17FB3K2/16.

I was after some Micron Rev.J these kits should have. I wasn't expecting to get Hynix DJR 17nm in one kit and my target Micron Rev.J 17nm in the other kit.

They have "similiar" specs, but lottery is never to much fun when you are after the same chips on all.
Was gonna run 4x8GB but this complicates things.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,210 Posts
3200Mhz Royals, not b-dies for sure.. dont always trust what Thaiphoon tells you, if you have c-die, Thaiphoon will show them as b-die
took a pic of my ram it ends in 10c so im guessing that means its a c-die they dont clock very good voltage past 1.425 seem useless 3533 seems to be the cap on my 3200mhz ram

F4-3200C16-8GTZKW

Attachments

161 - 180 of 182 Posts