Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a few threads that say this option is "available" but buried in things like the CBS Menu.

Anyone have an idea of how to enable this?

My goal is to mimic Intels power stepping - In resource monitor on my Intel notebook the power line is about 10% higher than the demand frequency in the monitor graph.

On my AMD, its simply a line that is always max. I can set the Power option between 1 and 100% but it does not help, plus if i lower it to 60 (low as it will go technically) it is a flat line at 60.

Just trying to find an option that will allow me to keep the CPQ cooler at times when i dont need max cpu.

Strix X570 Gaming-E at DOCP speeds.

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,611 Posts
I think AMD CnQ was renamed to PSS Support. See if you have that in CBS menu.

·
Not new to OC.net
45 Posts
I have found a few threads that say this option is "available" but buried in things like the CBS Menu.

Anyone have an idea of how to enable this?
I believe DF Cstates is what was formerly called Cool'n'Quiet. Disabled or enabled is OK, it just uses a little less power when enabled. I keep my disabled and pick up an extra 100 points in Cinebench R20 with just this one setting. Overall point pickup in Cinebench R20 on my CPU, with the latest 3405 BIOS is around 400 points using all the settings in the article.

Here's my guide on this. This is the culmination of what I've found and used over the last several years and imho this is the BEST way to OC any Ryzen CPU with the best results. I believe it to be far superior to an All-core OC which maxes out your CPU all the time and doesn't down-throttle like this method does. It's set it and forget it in the BIOS and never worry about Ryzen Master or CTR. Video Link is also below, but read/print the article for the settings.

Key Points to Overclock Zen 2 & 3, Ryzen 3000 & 5000 Series CPU's

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe DF Cstates is what was formerly called Cool'n'Quiet. Disabled or enabled is OK, it just uses a little less power when enabled. I keep my disabled and pick up an extra 100 points in Cinebench R20 with just this one setting. Overall point pickup in Cinebench R20 on my CPU, with the latest 3405 BIOS is around 400 points using all the settings in the article.

Here's my guide on this. This is the culmination of what I've found and used over the last several years and imho this is the BEST way to OC any Ryzen CPU with the best results. I believe it to be far superior to an All-core OC which maxes out your CPU all the time and doesn't down-throttle like this method does. It's set it and forget it in the BIOS and never worry about Ryzen Master or CTR. Video Link is also below, but read/print the article for the settings.

Key Points to Overclock Zen 2 & 3, Ryzen 3000 & 5000 Series CPU's

Thanks ill check this out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts