Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this out, but it looks like older news so maybe you all already know, but STALKER 2 will be on Cryengine 3!!! This is going to be amazing, maybe Stalker 2 will take place on a irradiated jungle

Sauce

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
sounds like fun, but what german outlet is this, and how do they know?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Make it say "source" or don't post at all. ._.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimeracaust
View Post

I just found this out, but it looks like older news so maybe you all already know, but STALKER 2 will be on Cryengine 3!!! This is going to be amazing, maybe Stalker 2 will take place on a irradiated jungle

Sauce

While I'd love that idea too, this news was inaccurate. The game was released and it was called Call of Pripyat. Originally there was hype and rumors circulating that the game would use Cryengine, but that didn't turn out to be true. Let's hope for this in another reiteration into the series though

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
7,568 Posts
I hope this wont be the case, I'd rather see the xray engine developed more - its poorly optomised but the lighting is fantastic and it gives the games a very individual look.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by duhasttas View Post
While I'd love that idea too, this news was inaccurate. The game was released and it was called Call of Pripyat. Originally there was hype and rumors circulating that the game would use Cryengine, but that didn't turn out to be true. Let's hope for this in another reiteration into the series though

No. CoP was not Stalker 2. Stalker 2 will have a different story arch.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gir
View Post

Good. Except for the lighting, the x-ray engine is horrible. Especially draw distance wise.

the draw distance is great if you edit the config files so it's longer, but the grass is hardcoded, which is what really bothers me.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by angrysasquatch
View Post

They have already said stalker 2 will not use cryengine 3. It's one of the pre-cop release interviews with Oleg from GSC IIRC.

Really? The Cryengine 3 wiki page says Stalker 2 is using it, but yeah that could mean nothing.

I love the Xray engine, but Cryengine 3 is superior in every way, and I think if GSC used it they could make the best looking stalker yet, with multicore support, destructible physics, and maybe even update those old school animation. As far as I know there is no way to multithread the Xray engine, and there are several other lame limitations on it based on how long ago they started making it. I don't think it would make Stalker not look like Stalker, it would just like an even better Stalker.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by TFL Replica
View Post

Maybe it'll be on the 4A engine?

lol I doubt this considering how the two companies seem to be at each others throats and making accusations.

·
Premium Member
9,349 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by duhasttas
View Post

This article is dated after the release of Call of Pripyat. So surely he already knew that CoP used the X-Ray engine, which subsequently means they must be speaking of another, newer title (STALKER 2 or the like). Unless the information this guy is reporting is old and he just doesn't know what's going on.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I hope this is the case. The very first STALKER game impressed me but the subsequent two were TERRIBLE. My standards must have gone up because I don't think the latter two games had worse graphics and interface than the first one. Seriously, I was actually offended by Call of Pipryat. Horrendous!
I'm still sceptical about CryEngine 3 though. It's meant to please consoles so no DirectX 11 support. In this day and age, DirectX 11 should be poked at, at least..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts