Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
s-video
so i go to radioshack and buy a s-video cable and some audio cables to hook up to my tv

i plug it into my video card and it doesnt work

might anyone know why or what i could do to make my tv reflect my computer?

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Your trying to get your computer screen running on the TV right? If so just plug it in, reboot and then set the TV on as your second monitor and change the channel on the tv till its on the S-video input... I think thats right.. lol

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
You need to get a S-Video to Componet (yellow for tv) converter, and a audio miniplug to Dual Component converter (red and white for TV), plug the coverters in and hook up! You will only have sound from the TV and your speakers will no longer work... You need to keep switching back and forth between speakers and TV... HF!

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well i rebooted the computer and i got immediate response from the tv

only thing is... it was scrolling down continiously and in black and white

and it only worked when the first dos thing comes up, then it stayed like that when windows was booting but as soon as it booted to log on screen it died???

i tried again to make sure it wasnt a fluke and it did the same things

...shawn what did you mean set it as your 2nd moniter?

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
I meant "Extend my desktop" thats always in my my vid options, even though I use it only when I'm watchin movies on my tv(very rare), and yeah, it did that before to me too, it would be there for the POST and windows loading, then I just set it as an extended desktop and it stayed, but be careful, you'll find your mouse gets lost ALOT, *****, its shameful having to say that I lose the cursor on my tv.. lol

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnmcgrail

no problem, I'm just happy to hear I'm not the only one to be burdened by such a simple problem! lol

happened to me too... on my crappy fx5200... annoyance is that when i played true crime on the TV... it didnt fill the tv screen...so it wasnt much bigger than the monitor... but it was brighter

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Don't you agree, 5200's blow? lol, I had mine when I first started with the S-Video stuff and it was basically IMPOSSIBLE(!!!!!!) to set it up, and then once you had it set-up, you had a crappy picture or a messed up frame! lol

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
hye guys on my laptop i have a s-video plug and on my dvd player i have a s-video plug too can i plug the laptop to the dvd player and then the dvd player to the tv or do i have to plug it directly into the tv

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznchowboy650

hye guys on my laptop i have a s-video plug and on my dvd player i have a s-video plug too can i plug the laptop to the dvd player and then the dvd player to the tv or do i have to plug it directly into the tv

More than likely the S-video on the dvd player is a "video out" so it wouldn't work. I you have a "video in" S-video jack then it would work. you will be better off running s-video to component adaptor to the tv.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Archer is correct, your DVD player is output only.

In order to get the video to your TV you will have to hook the S-video cord into your TV or receiver.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts