Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST barely installed my S1283 on my CPU, and it appears that it's running way too hot.
I'm running at about 44c idle, and am wondering why it's still running this hot?

Also, no retention bracket was used.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by noobdown View Post
too much thermal paste.
low rpms on fan.
Pretty sure we didn't use too much thermal paste.

How would I up the rpm?

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bosoxdanc View Post
Pretty sure we didn't use too much thermal paste.

How would I up the rpm?
use hwmonitor to check the rpms. check the bios under the trmpature/monitoring, to see if there is quiet fan or anything similar turned on.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Makes sure all the pins are completely pushed through the board, and try to reseat the cooler with the proper amount if paste. there might be a "Quiet"(Qfan?? i forget what its called) feature in your bios that speeds up the fan speed according tot he CPU temperature, turn that off and it should run at 100% speed. you can also use speed fan if you prefer.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Auld View Post
Makes sure all the pins are completely pushed through the board, and try to reseat the cooler with the proper amount if paste. there might be a "Quiet"(Qfan?? i forget what its called) feature in your bios that speeds up the fan speed according tot he CPU temperature, turn that off and it should run at 100% speed. you can also use speed fan if you prefer.
I'm actually waiting for my fan controller to come in the mail right now, but, I'll check the BOIS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts