Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
AMD IS FINALLY doing what we have all been waiting for, promoting its developer relations program to the masses. With that in mind, it introduced three new logos to go along with the program.

Any semiconductor company that wants to be taken seriously has to have a developer relations (devrel) program. On the positive side, it promotes the upcoming products to the people making software and hardware that use them, gets early samples out, and generally answers questions. Things can extend to co-marketing campaigns, bundled software, and other high profile mutually beneficial things.

Read

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
AMD has finally accepted the world as it is, not as it should be.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
This is great news. Now they just need to advertise more. It sucks that most consumers barely even know who AMD is yet their products are more aimed toward them

·
Registered
659 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by B7ADE View Post
O, yay! They're suiting up!
Time to lock and load.

·
Audiofool
3,486 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanders54
View Post

Was that really necessary?

On topic: This is great. Hopefully they'll get the word out more and start advertising like Intel does. I'm tired of people laughing at me when I say I've got an AMD CPU in my gaming rig.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Btw has anyone played Dawn of War 2 : Chaos Rising?

DoW2 had Nvidia the way its meant to be played at the begining.

I launched the new DoW2 expansion yesterday and the Nvidia logo is gone. In its place you see AMD : The Future is Fusion!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Great news! Very nice to see that AMD is stepping up their game to actually get out there and compete with the green juggernaut. It seems like NVIDIA is plastered all over games, and this is a great move, just like others have said.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firann
View Post

I launched the new DoW2 expansion yesterday and the Nvidia logo is gone. In its place you see AMD : The Future is Fusion!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R clear sky is the same way... When i first bought it it had an nVidia logo but after I patched it I got an ATI logo instead

totally loving the ATI/AMD skin (or whatever its called) in DiRT2

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firann
View Post

Supreme Commander 2 has the same splash screen as well!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I'm glad AMD is going open source with their stuff. The proprietary standards Nvidia implements is one of the bigger reasons why I most likely won't purchase another Nvidia GPU for a long while.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts