Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

You must buy 80 cards before you get GTX480/470s

NVIDIA IS TWISTING the arms of e-tailers over GTX480s, forcing them to clean out the warehouses of old inventory if they want the new cards. If you want any allocations of the GTX470 or GTX480, be prepared to buy lots of low end cards.

Read

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DjiXas
View Post

Read

LMAOL

So he can't really make up anything else to say Fermi is delayed more since it's a few days from release so now he comes up with this.

Gotta love this guy!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'll take this with a grain of salt considering SA is the source.

...but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it were true.

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
just wow. would be a great big fail on NV should this be true.

on the other hand, i don't think they are all crap cards. some of them are actually nice cards.

I would also like to see some proof. I didn't even relies that this was my boy "Charlie". Someone give this dude a midol.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
It's from SA so I don't know how seriously I should take this. I'm not biased when it comes to video card but if this is true I have to say screw NV.

·
Banned
3,369 Posts
I don't know what the big freak out is... this is pretty normal for businesses. If it's true, I won't be surprised at all. A lot of manufacturers require a storefront to carry a certain amount of X if they want Y.

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DjiXas
View Post

Read

hopefully this is good for the consumer in the end. Nvidia will lose a profit over this but it will give them more capital to leap ahead for future R&R.

Buying in bulk is good for retailers anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Damn, this is almost too crazy to make up.

Sometimes you have to read things and think, "Could I just have come up with that out of the blue?"

·
Registered
639 Posts
I really dont care anymore. The only reason I want Nvidia to stay alive is to keep the competition going and the prices down, but thats it.
I wont be buying one of their new cards now and they can go to hell..........

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Unfortunately, this is a perfect example of an article from SA that shouldn't be posted. There is absolutely nothing that Charlie can base this on. The very idea is just absurd and technically borderline illegal.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'm not a fanboy - I buy whoever wins the price/performance contest, with no brand loyalty - but bundling 3xx with prior-gen cards, which are still quite good, isn't exactly "forcing garbage" on them. Those cards are still great buys if priced right, and massive failure of 2xx cards is news to me.

Some day we will find out exactly what nvidia did to Charlie and/or his family, all those years ago...

P.S. emphasis on if priced right

·
Premium Member
8,252 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Open1Your1Eyes0
View Post

Unfortunately, this is a perfect example of an article from SA that shouldn't be posted. There is absolutely nothing that Charlie can base this on. The very idea is just absurd and technically borderline illegal.

Not to mention there is no chance that any E-tailor will confirm or deny this. Only if this is incredibly wrong will someone like Newegg confirm it wrong; and even if it is slightly true (like you have been a preferred Nvidia partner) they won't comment on it.

·
Premium Member
15,202 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tainok
View Post

Ohhh, noooo, a card that will be hard to get will be hard to get.

The idea might be that since they don't have many cards anyways, only sell them to people who can really move stock.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 88EVGAFTW
View Post

semi accurate + charlie... /thread/

= Nail on head

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
The site's name is SEMI-ACCURATE and has been consistently shown to produce rumors/opinionated pieces.

There is NO evidence to substantiate this claim, regardless of assumed practice throughout the industry.
Furthermore the title = pure trolling.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.