Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Whats a safe voltage increase on DDR?

Mine is rated to run at 2.55v and i've pushed it to 2.65v, but i don't know if i can go any higher?

Its got heatspreaders on it, if that makes any difference?

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Up to 2.9v is okay, as long as case cooling is good. Some active cooling on the RAM certainly wouldn't hurt, if you plan on taking it that high.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
All RAM is different. There are no averages. Some generic stuff won't go more than 2-3 mhz over rated speeds, some will do 20-30+ mhz. Same holds true for name brand RAM. If you are referring to a specific type of RAM, other users could probably offer some feedback based on their experiences.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm getting a 16mhz overclock at the moment, do you think i would see more performance gain going up another 10mhz or going from 3.0 to 2.5 latency?

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
going from 3 to 2.5 will most likely not work, usually its the other way around.

Are you referring to the RAM in your signature? the PC4200?!?

If that ram isnt going above 216 fsb, then its your motherboard/cpu or voltages that are holding you back..

Some more info would be nice

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms
i'm getting a 16mhz overclock at the moment, do you think i would see more performance gain going up another 10mhz or going from 3.0 to 2.5 latency?
If your question is which will give you more performance, higher FSB will.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts