Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Is that with the Small FFTs test after about 10 minutes, or the linpack test?

I mean, which stress test were you running?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
With your Vcore set that high, what Clocks are you running?

With your lowest temps showing up close/at 70c I would say no. No they are not.

Re-seat Cooler, check thermal paste.

edit: Unless you're running around 4ghz which would make sense given the chip and the vcore settings and temps. The 80c concerns me on core 1.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Its at 4.00ghz and Prime95 with Large FFT cpu voltage is at i think 1.31875

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xEzekialx
View Post

Sorry Its at 4.00ghz and Prime95 with Large FFT cpu voltage is at i think 1.31875

For "only" 4ghz this seems a bit high. What are you running for cooling? Is it stable with less vcore?

I suppose this is to be expected though (I hit 54c in Prime95 at my OC and I never see above 50c even on a hot day folding 24/7)

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Whoa. That's really hot for the Large FFTs test. The Small FFTs would make it hotter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ovlovian
View Post

For "only" 4ghz this seems a bit high. What are you running for cooling? Is it stable with less vcore?

Venomous X.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Venomous X with a 1900rpm Scythe Slip Stream (Kaze-Jyuni) 120mm Case Fan, Ultra High Flow. Don't know if i have the fan on right. Have the sticker part facing away from the heat sink.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Venomous X with a 1900rpm Scythe Slip Stream (Kaze-Jyuni) 120mm Case Fan, Ultra High Flow. Don't know if i have the fan on right. Have the sticker part facing away from the heat sink.

Is it pulling air Through the heatsink or pushing it through?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
You want the air to typically travel into the case from the bottom/front and out through top/back. Tailor your fans accordingly. This puts physics on your side a bit.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

View Post

The exposed part of the fan blades (the side where there's nothing in front of the fan blades) is the intake side. So, is it pushing air through the heatsink, or is it just pulling air away from it?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have my heatsink vertical and the fan on the right side. i think its pushing air i may be wrong. All i know is the details are facing away from the heatsink.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I have my heatsink vertical and the fan on the right side. i think its pushing air i may be wrong. All i know is the details are facing away from the heatsink.

Which side of the fan can you see? Is it the side that's completely exposed? Or, is it the side of the fan that has plastic bars in front of the fan blades?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
flip it around.

edit: That is, if it's pulling air THROUGH the Heatsink. You'd feel way more air on the fan side than the heatsink side.

if it's pulling air from the fan side and you feel more air on the heatsink side, it's mounted correctly.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay. how much of a layer should i have put of thermal paste?
i put just enough so it would go off the sides.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

View Post

its pulling air.

Which side of the fan can you see? Which side is facing away from the heatsink? Please describe it the same way I did.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Quote:

View Post

okay. how much of a layer should i have put of thermal paste?
i put just enough so it would go off the sides.

no, thermal paste is not something that should be applied like peanut butter on a sandwich. Pea-sized dot in the center. The pressure from the heatsink being latched down is enough for it to spread properly. More is not = better.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I can see the Part of the fan thats says S-flex

Does this side of the fan have completely exposed fan blades? Or, does this side have those plastic bars in front of the fan blades?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts