·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or is there a C3 revision coming soon?
If so, when?

Newegg has the C3 version up:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-808-_-Product

Slightly more expensive, but it's definitely worth it if you want to hit 4ghz. And should have a higher max OC overall, especially with water cooling.

*EDIT*

Spoke too soon, I can't find any info on this CPU.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ugh, that late? I'm itching to get a CPU heh.
I think I might go with the X3 720. I doubt I'll see much of a difference in gaming anyway.

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
at 95w the 955 will easily overclock past 4.0ghz but I'm partial to the X3; it performs toe to toe with the c2 955.

If it was Q1, I would wait, but Q2 seem like eons away. I would say buy the X3 now, trade for the 955 c3 later

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by awaizy
View Post

I think I might go with the X3 720. I doubt I'll see much of a difference in gaming anyway.

You'll probably see anywhere from a 5-10 difference in frames per second between the X3 720 and an X4 955, but it all depends on the game. The 955 is only 165 with free shipping, so I'd put the extra 45 bucks in, to be honest.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I'm itching to get me one also.lol Now I don't know what to do. I've saved up for a month or two for this. Having kids really made it hard for me to come up with this extra cash and now it's burning a hole in my pants trying to get to that Black Edition.lol

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmola
View Post

Why not just go and grap one 965 C3?

The 30 extra dollars isn't worth the extra 200mhz in stock speed. And the max overclock probably won't be significantly different either.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Yes but is it worth to wait couple months to get 955 C3? In that
time you can earn or save "losted" 30dollars.

·
Banned
3,774 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by youra6
View Post

at 95w the 955 will easily overclock past 4.0ghz but I'm partial to the X3; it performs toe to toe with the c2 955.

If it was Q1, I would wait, but Q2 seem like eons away. I would say buy the X3 now, trade for the 955 c3 later

955 overclocks higher its not on par.

C3 revisions are out.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah, what Asmola said. The price differences aren't large enough to merit waiting several months.

965 C3 seems to be a safe bet for now if you're going AMD.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimibgood
View Post

955 overclocks higher its not on par.

C3 revisions are out.

Any word of the 945/955 C3's reaching US retailers?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:

View Post

The 30 extra dollars isn't worth the extra 200mhz in stock speed. And the max overclock probably won't be significantly different either.

This is OCN. Who said anything about stock speeds?

Also, max OCs probably will have a nice, comfortable improvement. The C3 revisions are, after all, using a good deal less energy, hence it takes a higher OC to start overheating them.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowblind
View Post

This is OCN. Who said anything about stock speeds?

Good point.

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
So let me get this straight... The 955 on Newegg and other retailers are all C3, no price difference from the old c2?

I dont think the 955 c3 is out since I only see one search result for 955 instead of two for the 965

1 - 20 of 52 Posts