Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 2 case fans installed in my system but they are so loud that i can't put up with them any more unless I have to. I have not changed the vcore of my processor and so I still have stock temperatures of 37 idle. Is it safe to just disconnect these fans? Will I notice a big jump in cpu temps?
Alternatively I want some sofware to lower the speed of the fan connected to my mobo. Speedfan does not detect my hardware monitoring chip. Can mbm5 change fan speeds?
thank you for any help

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
I have been running my case open with no case doors and cooling on ambient temps since october last year so it should be fine, though you need to make sure it's clean once every 2 or 3 months, or you will see dust get stuck in the heat sink and intead of keeping the heat off the proc it makes the proc hotter. And You should be fine with out ONE of the case fans you need at least ONE of them to suck the hot air out.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
u can always try, but it will probly increase temps alot. it also depends on the way your fans are connected. if their hooked to the psu, u cant do anything with em. also try just having one, or buy a couple qieter fans

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
You could either bu quieter fans, or just get something like a Tower12 and that should provide suffecient cooling with the side of the case off. These are just case fans, right? Not CPU?

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipp

You could either bu quieter fans, or just get something like a Tower12 and that should provide suffecient cooling with the side of the case off. These are just case fans, right? Not CPU?

yeah just case fans, 80mm intake at bottom front of case, 80mm exhaust at top back. the exhaust is connected to mobo and intake is only molex cnxion.
i have now disconnected the intake and it is much quieter so i will prob just leave it like this for now.

thanks people. rep on its way

1 - 5 of 5 Posts