Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After update to 20h2 my pc start to randomly shutdown, when check event viewer i find error 7000 the problem was cpuz not able to lunch correctly. I went and uninstall the program and run a free cc cleaner try out to completely remove it, but the error still shutting down the pc randomly. I can't find any trace of the program what do i need to do. Buy a program remover software or there's any other way available.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,747 Posts
Can you take a quick screenshot of what you're seeing in EV?

Use Windows Key+Print Screen to capture if you're not sure. Or Snip&Sketch

·
Just hangin' out
1,259 Posts
System restore point before CPU-Z was installed?

An example of why I never install applications that have portable versions available.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
System restore point before CPU-Z was installed?

An example of why I never install applications that have portable versions available.
Hi,

Don't have one for that time, this was even before change to Win-2004. The cpu-z install was in win-10 1909 i believe.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
20,387 Posts
run command prompt as admin -> "sc stop cpuz136" -> "sc delete cpuz136"

if you reinstall (CPU-Z) and it happens again then you have something conflicting with it. I'd imagine you do. I upgraded to 20H2 and didn't uninstall CPU-Z and it still works fine here and I imagine nobody else did either and I haven't heard any complaints.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
run command prompt as admin -> "sc stop cpuz136" -> "sc delete cpuz136"

if you reinstall (CPU-Z) and it happens again then you have something conflicting with it. I'd imagine you do. I upgraded to 20H2 and didn't uninstall CPU-Z and it still works fine here and I imagine nobody else did either and I haven't heard any complaints.
Hi,

I've tried a few times it won't work. Maybe i'm doing something wrong. It says its a non recognizable internal or external command.

·
Premium Member
9,747 Posts
It looks like (per your SS) that you have Norton installed.

Have you checked Norton to see if it is blocking CPU-Z as some sort of malware?

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
20,387 Posts
Hi,

I've tried a few times it won't work. Maybe i'm doing something wrong. It says its a non recognizable internal or external command.
type "net start", do you see "cpuz136" listed?

start Windows in safe mode and try to open CPU-Z. does it still shut down?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts