Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I received my XPS 15 9560 about a month ago. It is the FHD model and I can see blacklight bleed on the right side. It's pretty much only visible watching movie in my dark bed room but kinda bothering considering the price I paid for this thing.
I wanted to send it back but they managed to convince me to let them send another unit. I love the laptop so I couldn't say no.

I received the replacement today. No backlight bleed visible. I can see the light shining on the side if I move my head around (the black screen becomes orange - shade). Both screen exhibit the same phenomenon. However, when I booted to windows, I have a picture of a fire. It was taken low-light so you get brig warm color blended with blue cold ones. On the first laptop, the image look colder than it is on the laptop 2 (the replacement). I am wondering how that is possible? Is there some auto-adjusted settings? I checked intel display setting and it is pretty much the same...

What test should I do to decide which laptop to keep (monitor)? The backlight bleed test was done putting the light at max and full screen here: http://www.lightbleedtest.com/

·
Software 'Engineer'
893 Posts
Very possible that Dell changed displays part way through the product cycle, I have seen it done before.
You can check the model of the display in windows through Display Settings -> Advanced -> Monitor -> Properties
Keep the one that looks the best
thumb.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts