Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this monitor today. I connected the monitor to my computer via HDMI cable samsung provided. The monitor wouldnt adjust properly and the display was off.. the screen had black bars on top bottom and left side and was missing details at the right.. meaning the whole desktop image has become smaller and further to the right? I dont know what to do

i cant find the auto adjustment option if i am using the HDMI cable..

i have a vga cable and so far its working good but im not getting any sounds and really want the single cable solution for video and sound: HDMI..

any ideas please?

vista 64 bit
ATI HD4870

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

The Black Bars have become completely around the screen when it is in its native resolution of 1920x1080

but when i change the resolution to something lower like 1680x1050, it finally fills out the whole screen uniformly but i wouldnt like things running outside my monitors native resolution.. any suggestions? please?

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awww never mind... i finally fixed the problem..

if u want to connect a monitor and a computer, specifically this model and the T260HD.. using an HDMI cable

Go to the OSD's menu and find the HDMI input and change it in "EDIT" to "PC"..

the freaking black bars all around will disappear and finally show perfect mapping

Phew!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm getting the same problem I think, can you be more specific on how you fixed it?

I am using this primarily as a monitor so don't have anything else plugged in, but I get the same thing where the screen is ok at lower resolutions but at the optimal one it's got black bars. The quality is also MUCH lower on that res as well.

If it helps, I'm using a radeon HD4870 graphics card on windows xp pro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, I'm a frequent lurker. Finally decided to register!

I was wondering if the monitor finally displays the picture correctly using the HDMI cable with the PC. I want to buy this monitor, but I want to make sure it will work with my laptop by HDMI.

Does it display a sharp, nice, image?

Please help me. It's very important to me. There's a deal today and it would be cool if I could get this info today.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi to all,
I face the same problem with the same TV model; could you explain exactly what do you mean with sentence below?
Thanks in advace for your availability, any help will be highly appreciated!

POSTED BY tubers on 03-31-09 04:16 AM
"Go to the OSD's menu and find the HDMI input and change it in "EDIT" to "PC"."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi tibers,

I realised what you mean; I have changed the HDMI name in pc but i still have problems... The image quality is better than before but I can't hear the sound and the screen still has black bars on top, bottom, left and right side!
As OS I'm using a windows 7 ultimate x64 with a Ge Force 9300M GS and I have downloaded and installed the right driver.

Please help me in some way...!!!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FilBack View Post
Hey, anyone fixed the black bars issue?

I'm also running Win 7 64bit with an ATI HD4650 and getting those pesky black bars...
HAVE YOU GONE INTO THE CCC AND AJUSTED THE OVERSCAN??
iam guessing that it 1080p

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Quote:

I can't find this "overscan" parameter in the CCC. Where is it?

Thanks for your reply.
ARE YOU RUNNING THE 9.11 DRIVERS?
ITS A LITTLE HARD TO FIND, BUT UNDER THE MONITER OPTIONS IN CCC BY THE BOTTOM LEFT THERE IS A CONFIGURE BUTTON AND ITS IN THERE, BEING AT WORK ITS HARD FOR ME TO TELL YOU EXACT, BUT IT IS THERE.
WHEN YOU FIND IT MAX IT OUT( ITS A SLIDE BAR) AND IT SHOULD FILL THE SCREEN, I MISS IT A GOOD 5 TIMES BEFORE I FIND IT LOL , LIKE I SAID ITS KIND OF HARD TO FIND

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by navit View Post
ARE YOU RUNNING THE 9.11 DRIVERS?
ITS A LITTLE HARD TO FIND, BUT UNDER THE MONITER OPTIONS IN CCC BY THE BOTTOM LEFT THERE IS A CONFIGURE BUTTON AND ITS IN THERE, BEING AT WORK ITS HARD FOR ME TO TELL YOU EXACT, BUT IT IS THERE.
WHEN YOU FIND IT MAX IT OUT( ITS A SLIDE BAR) AND IT SHOULD FILL THE SCREEN, I MISS IT A GOOD 5 TIMES BEFORE I FIND IT LOL , LIKE I SAID ITS KIND OF HARD TO FIND

No, this is the 8.6 version. HP says these are the most up to date drivers.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Quote:

No, this is the 8.6 version. HP says these are the most up to date drivers.
LOL, those were in june of 08, lets start over , first you should update drivers to this year ( the latest, 9.11), then what i am saying will make a little more sense.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Quote:

I Finally found it! THANKS A MILLION!

You're right... Really hard to find! Ha Ha
did that work for you???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by navit View Post
did that work for you???
Yup, it did. I don't know, maybe notebooks have diferent drivers or something... I checked the AMD website and it says I should update from HP. When I use the HP update software, it says the software is up to date.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new here, i would like to ask about a different problems on the same monitor.

I just bought this monitor 2 weeks ago for playing my wii console. However, when I connected my wii to this monitor and switch the "source" to component, the monitor keep blinking like 1 second shows picture and another second shows black. I wonder if its the faulty from the monitor or from my wii or the component cable?

I test my wii on CRT TV with composite cable and it works fine.

thank you for replying

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the technical leads in this thread; Setting the HDMI name to "PC" started making the picture clearer, but as stated here the black borders stayed.

This is probably only ATI card related issue and relates to the Underscan-Overscan parameter value under DTV->Scaling Options. For me the default value was around 7% and by dragging the value to 0% the black borders were gone and the picture became as sharp instantly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.