Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting very low IOPS.. Disabled C States and other power saving features. Anyone know why this is? Any ideas?

Specs:

Processor: Intel 2600 3.4GHz
Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Hard Disk: 256GB Samsung 850 PRO
Graphics Card: MSI Gaming 770 2GB GDDR5
Motherboard: Z77A-GD55
PSU: Corsair RM1000 1000Watt Power Supply Unit

i.e.

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
1.7 million read and nearly 500K write = low? Disable RAPID mode and post a pic of what you get when you bench the drive, not the RAM as what is shown.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

1.7 million read and nearly 500K write = low? Disable RAPID mode and post a pic of what you get when you bench the drive, not the RAM as what is shown.
Thanks for the reply and here you go... Looks off to me but your the expert
nerdsmiley.png

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunter53 View Post

Quote:

Thanks for the reply and here you go... Looks off to me but your the expert
nerdsmiley.png

Looks fine to me. Read is rated at 100K IOPS, and currently you are at 98117. Write is rated at 90K and you are at 75K, but you also have it as the OS drive and you may have power saving features enabled that will result in lower benchmark performance.

So, you are fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Looks fine to me. Read is rated at 100K IOPS, and currently you are at 98117. Write is rated at 90K and you are at 75K, but you also have it as the OS drive and you may have power saving features enabled that will result in lower benchmark performance.

So, you are fine.
I have it on maximum performance, turned off power saving bits and bobs in BIOS and in Intel RST, so even then its fine?

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
You disabled C1E, intel speed step(EIST), and C-states, and enabled turbo for your CPU?

Still it is fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

You disabled C1E, intel speed step(EIST), and C-states, and enabled turbo for your CPU?

Still it is fine.
Yup.. Its all off and Enhanced Turbo is on for CPU

CPU phase control is off too

Overspeed protection is also off

EuP is also off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts