1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

1.8 GHz Dual Core Exynos 4212
2 GB RAM
4.6" SuperAMOLED Plus HD

Those specs by themselves sound amazing.

:)

EDIT (slippery fingers)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
1.8 GHz seems more likely... I think that's what it says ....but nonetheless I really never anticipated things progressing this fast.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I call BS. I say 1gb ram and 1.4ghz with the normal 4.3'' SUPERAMOLED with an 8MP camera but will sport 1080P

·
Banned
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balsagna
View Post

I call BS. I say 1gb ram and 1.4ghz with the normal 4.3'' SUPERAMOLED with an 8MP camera but will sport 1080P

Why does going from 1.2 GHz to 1.8 GHz seem so incredibly improbable?

We've already got dual core 1.5 GHz phones on the market. These 1.2 GHz GS2 phones have been on the market for 6+ Months.

Plus, the Nexus Prime's screen size is supposed to be 4.6" just like this spec shows.

It's not improbable at all.....

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
That's 1,8GHz not 2

2GB of RAM is amazing though :O

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Regardless of the picture being fake or real, why would those specs be BS for a 2012 handset?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/26/s...d-lte-handset/

The S II HD has a 1.5GHz cpu, 4.65" screen, 1280x720 res, same cameras, and probably still 1GB of ram.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FriedSushi87
View Post

Why does going from 1.2 GHz to 1.8 GHz seem so incredibly improbable?

We've already got dual core 1.5 GHz phones on the market. These 1.2 GHz GS2 phones have been on the market for 6+ Months.

Plus, the Nexus Prime's screen size is supposed to be 4.6" just like this spec shows.

It's not improbable at all.....

So... what phone is OUT on the market that's dual core 1.5ghz? And I seen the dual core 1.0ghz phones.. not the 1.2ghz.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817...id=RZ_Ehmh5GOa

yummy -- Now do you see why I stated my specs.

EDIT: I don't care about the Korean market.. just saying

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
I can't wait until I can walk around with my sigrig in my pocket

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Quote:

View Post

But the Nexus Prime is soooo close......

And then another phone that has better specs is sooooo close after it. And then after it... and then after it... and then after it

What is this, I don't even......

November 3rd is the release date for Nexus Prime

·
Banned
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

View Post

And then another phone that has better specs is sooooo close after it. And then after it... and then after it... and then after it

What is this, I don't even......

November 3rd is the release date for Nexus Prime

Not only will the Nexus prime have much better specs, NFC, but also it will have HUGE developer support with many many updates and custom ROM's.

All for waiting less than a month, you could have so much more potential with your new device....

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Engadget already clarified this as marginally unlikely and disbeliveable. Y we still talking about yhis? http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/10/d...z-dual-core-c/

You kids and you're nexus primes and what nots. I'll just be using my Samsung galaxy Note when it releases unlocked in the US

Seriously, don't care about ICS and those always on software buttons. Too HC like, not a big deal but they take up my precious screen space.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Not only will the Nexus prime have much better specs, NFC, but also it will have HUGE developer support with many many updates and custom ROM's.

All for waiting less than a month, you could have so much more potential with your new device....

And then a couple months later. Something else will have better specs and an even bigger developer support with custom roms and updates....

·
Banned
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

View Post

And then a couple months later. Something else will have better specs and an even bigger developer support with custom roms and updates....

No, not really.

There are only two new phones that can be sure to have the most developer support.

1) Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime - Being a developer vanilla phone, guarenteed to be unlocked and tons of support, and the fastest updates.
2) Samsung Galaxy S2 - Being released in Europe for months, now an excited release in America, and MILLIONS of hand-sets sold, this device is sure to be one of the most heavily supported devices of all time.

Even though something like the Galaxy Note sounds like an amazing device, I doubt it'd have as much support (not like it's a bad thing. I'm sure it'll still get more than enough support).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts