Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss gave me a white/aqua Gravity, which is a T-Mobile phone. I'm with AT&T. I know you can unlock the phone to work with any network that uses sim chips, so that's not the problem.

The phone, when powered on, goes to the Gravity splash screen, and stays there.

I've tried without a SIM chip, and with a SIM chip.

Is there a hard reset hidden anywhere in the phone, or is it just toast?

Phone Model is SGH-T459

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Is that one of the phones that runs WM? If so, check out www.xda-developers.com If not, maybe go to t-mobile's site and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not a smartphone, just a cell phone with a slider design and a qwerty keyboard.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Oh yeah, bleh. Throw it away and get a new phone.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have the money to buy a phone.

I'm trying to replace my PoS Razr, and anything will do, that's why I'm trying to fix a free Samsung.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Have you actually googled to see if there is anyone else that has had the problem/knows how to fix? Go into a t-mobile store and ask them. Depending on how old it is.. try going on to samsung's webstie and see if it is under warranty.
As far as $$$ I would try your local craigslist. There are plenty of phones for little money. Or, jsut go buy a go phone and use that til you can afford a phone worth something/fixing

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Flash the firmware, I bricked my samsung innov8 a few days ago by installing some "software" I "found on the internet" on the wrong location of my phone. I googled and flashed the firmware, now all is good. You have to do the flashing the hard way, samsung has a phone updating software but I don't think it'll work in this situation.

If you brick it, just flash it. You got nothing to lose.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's five years later but is there any chance you still know how to flash it? I have a bricked innov8 and can't figure out how to flash it. I can get it into All Download mode then that's it. Google says to use the program Apollo but I can't find it anywhere - all the links for it are dead. Can't find the firmware either. It would be great if you could help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts