Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i am just wondering i have a new Hard drive and i would like to transfer the files over from my older hard drive to my newer one, as you may know i am running 2X80GB but i want to put the contents of my slave 80GB on this new samsung hard drive, i have it plugged in and recongnised but i think i need to format and create a partition, is there anyway i can do this from my desktop? it isnt recongnised withing My Computer no drive letter displayed for it.

thanks for any help

Anjokid

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Try to plug it in again.
If it is IDE, maybe it isnt plugged in right

·
Banned
5,464 Posts
Its raw space. You need to create a partition, change the raw space into ntfs I believe. Try using some sort of partition editing program.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is plugged in but, its brand spanking new and it is OEM, its PATA. it needs to be formatted and a file system to be installed. at the moment it is a RAW drive.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaytonCallihan
View Post

Its raw space. You need to create a partition, change the raw space into ntfs I believe. Try using some sort of partition editing program.

thats what i am after that type of software i know what the problem is but i just need a peice of software to help fix it. you know any by any chance?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts