Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a bit confused since getting my 840 pro a month ago to replace my Intel 520. Intel toolbox had a scheduler that you could set up so the drive would move data around and optimize it with the hard drive light showing full activity for a minute or so.

With the Samsung software, I don't see any ability to set a regular schedule and I don't see the hard drive light doing anything when I run a manual optimization. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary Ecyrb View Post

I can't change the OP, it won't let me, 28 gigs wasted for nothing
OP keeps performance levels high as you add more and more data to the SSD. It is very important for performance reasons.

·
Banned
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So why did my Intel 520 to have a performance and optimization process needing to be run at least weekly or so even though Win7 TRIM was active? Why does the Samsung get away not having that scheduled process available within the software like Intel Toolbox?

·
Registered
947 Posts
That question is better aimed at Intel as to why their drive needed regular maintenance every week to keep running good.

I had a couple of the Intel 520's myself for a while and never used the scheduler myself, and had no issues with the drives.

·
Storage Nut
21,146 Posts
No need to run optimization let alone run it on a schedule.

·
Premium Member
9,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary Ecyrb View Post

So how come when I did the optimization on my Intel 520, my HDD went solid for a minute or two while it moved data around while my Samsung doesn't do anything?
When you run the optimization on the Intel drive, all you do is force the "Trim command"
smile.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.