Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum.

Can you explain me how to overclock Samsung N130 netbook?
I know the performance of this device is underwgelming ecen after hardcore OC-ing, but I have no idea how to overclock it at all.

I have 2 sticks od RAM, (netbook has 1 slot):
Samsung 1GB 667 5-5-5-15-20
And
Swissbit 2GB 800 5-5-5-18-23
Both dual rank.

I disassembled the netbook to check the PLL chip, it's Silegio SLG8SP513V.

Then I tried using SetFSB, but with no success: Setting FSB lower (100 MHz) was stable (unless it freezed immediately after change). Underclocking was not my target, anyway. When I try going up with FSB to 166MHz my screen always turns blue or white and I need to restart my netbook.

I also tried using other clock generators: SLG505YC... and it overclocks up to 190 FSB, but after a few seconds I get BSoDs.
It BSoDs regardless of frequency I set (even at base 133MHz or lower).

Is there any way to overclock that little Atom CPU?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum.

Can you explain me how to overclock Samsung N130 netbook?
I know the performance of this device is underwgelming ecen after hardcore OC-ing, but I have no idea how to overclock it at all.

I have 2 sticks od RAM, (netbook has 1 slot):
Samsung 1GB 667 5-5-5-15-20
And
Swissbit 2GB 800 5-5-5-18-23
Both dual rank.

I disassembled the netbook to check the PLL chip, it's Silegio SLG8SP513V.

Then I tried using SetFSB, but with no success: Setting FSB lower (100 MHz) was stable (unless it freezed immediately after change). Underclocking was not my target, anyway. When I try going up with FSB to 166MHz my screen always turns blue or white and I need to restart my netbook.

I also tried using other clock generators: SLG505YC... and it overclocks up to 190 FSB, but after a few seconds I get BSoDs.
It BSoDs regardless of frequency I set (even at base 133MHz or lower).

Is there any way to overclock that little Atom CPU?
from my getting out of it they're essentially locked as close to stock as possible.

you may be SOL on trying to OC that bad boy.

do you run anything particular to require the OC?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts