Overclock.net banner

541 - 550 of 550 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Unpacking zip file happened early on, before I was worried about the drive, so I didn't pay attention. When the virtualbox got stuck installing extensions, I didn't see much CPU use, but the transfer rate was in single digits kb or something, so I have no idea what's up with that. On a regular HDD, I never seen this sort of crap.

·
Hardware Enthusiast
645 Posts
Unpacking zip file happened early on, before I was worried about the drive, so I didn't pay attention. When the virtualbox got stuck installing extensions, I didn't see much CPU use, but the transfer rate was in single digits kb or something, so I have no idea what's up with that. On a regular HDD, I never seen this sort of crap.

Did you pay attention to the disk graph? Was it showing 100% busy, but very little low bytes/sec?

Probably can't help though... :(

·
Registered
164 Posts
Did you pay attention to the disk graph? Was it showing 100% busy, but very little low bytes/sec?

Probably can't help though... :(
yep, not busy at all, just very low transfer rates.

Did you install Samsung driver or is it with Windows default drivers? Are you worried at all about incorrectly recorded "power on hours" SMART value?

Switched to another m2 ports on the same PC, fired it up, smart values are increasing, specifically "number of error information log entries" and "controller busy time". Power on hours incremented, standing now at 2 even though it was on for much longer than that. However, after installing Samsung drivers (which I didn't before), my 4k values became much better.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Anyone know if there are Win 10 drivers for the SM961?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Tried to install it and it said nvme drive not connected and wont install. My SM961 is installed in a Dell XPS 13 Laptop. Not sure if that matters.

Thanks
Hmm, I have no clue then. That's the driver's I am using for my SM961, but I am on a desktop board. So maybe it's something to do with the laptop? Or maybe you need Dell drivers for nvme? Just not sure really. Maybe that slot you have is only for SATA based M.2 drives?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Well device manager detects the drive. I can boot from it. I get about 1500 mb/s read/write. So its working but with basic microsoft driver. Frustrating it doesn't install the driver!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I know why. Got my Raid chipset turned on. So the drive is running through RST.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SM961 HP version 1TB firmware

Could someone please post a copy of the CXA7500Q or higher firmware for the SM961? I have the HP version, so it does not accept the Lenovo firmware update (latest: 7L6QCXA7) even when using this to flash: DC_Toolkit_OEM_V1_1_5.exe. I have firmware CXA74H0Q on it now. I saw this version posted on win-raid one time but it is a dead link now. Many thanks!

541 - 550 of 550 Posts