Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a swiftech storm,655 pump,double heater core sitting in window sill with 4 fans and still am getting 44 idle temps with top of heater core at 65 d f.
I am running at 1.65 volts at 11 by 266 @2.94.
I have also checked the jets in the storm to see if they were clogged-
This seems way hot to me and would be very interested as to what others are getting on their rigs.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
I have the same pump, dual heatercore, and a apogee. My P4 is at 4Ghz and my idle is 33C and my load is 40C... But I just got the system up so the AS5 has not set yet.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
i have apogee, the 180gph mag pump (mush less flow) and a gpu block all on a single heatercore and have been getting 29-32 idle depending on the fan speed. you may have a problem although my voltage is only at stocl (1.425 or so)

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
I suppose that waterblocks work the same way heatsinks do, if they do, then I would try reseating maybe?

Otherwise, what are your ambient temps and are you running a single, double, or triple heatercore?

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Using air cooling I get 30-32 idle and up to 38c load. Stock heatsink with 80mm fan zip tied to it. Room temp is 20c.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Smartguardian says 25-26C Idle 30-31C with 100% CPU folding. Room temp is about 19-20C

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
My temps must be high too, I see everyone with my setup (or similiar) having idles in the high 20's and loads in the 30's. Maybe I didn't seat it right or something. Well I am going to reseat and get new temps.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

My temps must be high too, I see everyone with my setup (or similiar) having idles in the high 20's and loads in the 30's. Maybe I didn't seat it right or something. Well I am going to reseat and get new temps.

Wait for your Artic Silver 5 to cure (I'm guessing that's what you used as a thermal compound). Some people say it takes 1 week but I notice a difference after a month.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts