Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Does anyone know if it works to sandwich a radiator?
The situation is like this (case is a HAF932, and radiator 2 is XSPC 240RX with 2x yate loon fans, radiator 1 still has to be bought):

==FAN1=FAN2==
==RADIATOR=1==
-----------------------------
==FAN3=FAN4==
==RADIATOR=2==

It will pull air from outside through both radiators.
The above radiator will be 2.140mm and the below radiator will be 2.120mm.
(see pictures below)

thx in advance for replies!

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Very doable. The air from the first rad is only going to be at most 1-3F hotter than when it went in. It's not like the air coming out is going to be 50C hotter than when it went in.

Just make sure that all fans have some decent static pressure. Like those 120's are 120x38mm.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would work if you have very good airflow through the radiators, since the second radiator is using the air exhausted from the first rad to cool the water, then the water coming out of the top rad would have the coolest water. But it will not be as efficient as the standard placement method, in addition to having a pretty warm intake for your case.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for replies

Maybe I could place the "above" radiator 1-2 cm higher, so some fresh air would be able to get pulled in?
I currently have some 1350 rpm Yate Loon fans, do you think those will do the job or should I get some different ones?

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
I would go with some san aces or panaflos and use a fan controller and call it a day. As you are going to need some fans with a little extra push for that. But that is just my opinion though.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wouldn't it be a better idea to have air flowing the other way? The way you currently have it set up, you would be pulling hot air into your case and is opposite to how most cases are designed, which is in through the front and bottom, and out through the top and back. I'm not sure if this will affect the "ambient" temperature inside the case though.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure with that either snipe, it'd be better to remove heat from within the case indeed, but you could also say it'd be pulling cold air through the radiators, which would cool better with the radiators, hard to say which is more effective

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
when i ran my heatercore on top of my case i tried both air pushing up and out the case and air pushing into the case. air pushing into the case worked better for me by a few degrees c, probably because of the difference in case air temp and room temp. hope that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts