Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm planning to build a cool and silent PC for gaming at 1920x1080 resolution and I need your opinions about it. My budget is around 1100 euros and I'm buying the components from my country (Finland).

CPU: Intel i5-2500K
Motherboard: ASRock P67 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill RipJaws X 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)
Graphics Card: MSI GTX 560 Twin Frozr II OC
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply: Antec TruePower New TP-650
Case: Fractal Design Define R3
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Silver Arrow

So will this build be good for gaming and overclocking or should I change something or maybe even wait for Bulldozer?

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,088 Posts
That's a pretty good gaming rig if you ask me, the chip is spot on since in gaming the 2600k only has a small advantage (if any at all).

The GPU is good all the way to 1980 x 1200 resolutions and all at max settings.

If you had a choice though, can you find some WD black caviar's the FAEX (or is it FEAX) since it's a 2 platter instead of a 3 version. It's definitely faster than the spin point.

Sound card is sweet, PSU is very good as well, even the CPU cooler is awesome.

Not a big fan of ASROCK, I would choose an Asus over that. All in all a pretty good build!

Oh yeah for the case I would probably get a silverstone Raven RV02B-EW!

• Rep+
Reactions: Uberclocker

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention my screen resolution which is 1920x1080. I'll change the hard drive and case.

I've heard a lot of positive comments about ASRock lately but would you recommend Asus P8P67 Pro instead?

·
Registered
582 Posts
GET THE 6950 HD 2g!! driver has been improved alot and unlock it to 6970hd
ditch the silver arrow, get the hyper 212+, 58 degree at 4.6 ghz full load? for 30$?yes plz

get the asrock extreme 4, way less problem than the p8p67 pro, cheaper and have more feature.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushimaster;13075901
GET THE 6950 HD 2g!! driver has been improved alot and unlock it to 6970hd
ditch the silver arrow, get the hyper 212+, 58 degree at 4.6 ghz full load? for 30$?yes plz

get the asrock extreme 4, way less problem than the p8p67 pro, cheaper and have more feature.
I agree with the 6950, you can unlock it to 6970 levels if you buy a reference card. But I don't agree with the hyper212+, silver arrow is the highest rated air cooler to date.

I'd recommend to either stay with the silver arrow.. or get the D14, or even the new H60 (for a water cooling solution)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Überclocker;13072525
Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention my screen resolution which is 1920x1080. I'll change the hard drive and case.

I've heard a lot of positive comments about ASRock lately but would you recommend Asus P8P67 Pro instead?
ASRock (while still fairly new) seems solid, as is the P8P67 Pro (known to OC slightly better)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll keep the ASRock and Silver Arrow but I'll change my graphics card to the 6950.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Looks like a solid build. As for the part that people are recommending, they are all personal preference. You're really not going to see a night and day difference by swapping them, so just go with you are comfortable with from experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts