Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I change anything? My budget is 800 euros.
  • Intel i5-2500K
  • ASRock P67 Pro3
  • G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB (F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL)
  • Asus GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II
  • Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
  • XFX 650W Core Edition
  • BitFenix Shinobi
  • CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
That's a pretty good looking cart to tell you the truth.

A lot of people are swearing by the ASRock boards, but if the ASUS alternative isn't much more expensive, I prefer the ASUS for its better warranty and better network controller. That memory is also very good, but you might be able to find 1600MHz version for the same price or cheaper (there have been some mindblowing deals on RAM here lately).

Also, have you done any reading on the Z68 boards? Do you need or want access to the integrated GPU on the 2500K (Intel Quick Sync, two more monitors)? Do you need or want access to the new SSD Caching feature? If yes to either of the two, you may want to consider one of the Z68 boards (also best to choose between the ASRock and ASUS).

Other than that, go for it! Enjoy being able to overclock to 4.5GHz without even a moan, and let us know how it goes!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyxyll;14157912
That's a pretty good looking cart to tell you the truth.

A lot of people are swearing by the ASRock boards, but if the ASUS alternative isn't much more expensive, I prefer the ASUS for its better warranty and better network controller. That memory is also very good, but you might be able to find 1600MHz version for the same price or cheaper (there have been some mindblowing deals on RAM here lately).

Also, have you done any reading on the Z68 boards? Do you need or want access to the integrated GPU on the 2500K (Intel Quick Sync, two more monitors)? Do you need or want access to the new SSD Caching feature? If yes to either of the two, you may want to consider one of the Z68 boards (also best to choose between the ASRock and ASUS).

Other than that, go for it! Enjoy being able to overclock to 4.5GHz without even a moan, and let us know how it goes!
thumb.gif
Thanks for your reply.

Asus P8P67 is 20 euros more expensive than ASRock in the store I'm going to buy the components from. 1600MHz version of those Ripjaws X is 7 euros more but couldn't I overclock the 1333MHz version to 1600MHz and save some money?

I don't know about Z68. I don't have an SSD so I thought P67 would be enough for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.