Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is just a for fun thread that I felt like posting, considering our good ole LGA 1155 processors have reached their first birthday! No, I don't know exactly the DATE when SB was released, but I know it was early January 2011.

So anyway, please post what processor you replaced with your Sandy Bridge chip, or what you PLAN to replace with it, or how long you intend on holding onto it. This thread is just to spread some ideas around and chat about the (debateably) most powerful CPU archeitecture available to consumers for a decent price.

And please, keep it light and in goodwill. I'd hate for this to get locked.

350 317

·
Registered
768 Posts
Upgraded from... Nothing as this is my first desktop, my laptop did have a I7-620m though. And this will stick with me for at least 2 more years, college student budget here
frown.gif

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Replaced a i7-930 with my i5 2500K. I plan on getting the new Ivy Bridge i7 when released.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Replaced an PHII X4 955 with my 2500K and I'm in <3 with it. Plan on getting Ivy Bridge later on within the year.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Dam.... That it about how old everything is when I just get it......

New plan... Save money until brand new generation.

·
Washed Up Old Gamer
4,681 Posts
I came from a 1055t. I got a decent overclocker and I plan to keep it until there's a CPU @ 300$ or less that is 25%/30% more powerful clock for clock. I'm still desperately in love with SB.
smile.gif

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Replacing my w3680 with a 2500k!

Well not really replacing, just turning my w3680 system into a 24/7 SMP folder and side-grade to a z68+2500k since all I really do is game.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
I just upgraded at the very end of December, loving it so far, just need to get a cooler to overclock this beast
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thAche View Post

OMG and I don't have one yet?????

Boogedy boogedy!!
While your overclock is definitely no slouch, coming from a Q9550 myself, I have a unique perspective on the upgrade. While I was only at 3.8ghz, this 2500k is faster at stock than the Q9550 was overclocked, just keep that in mind. Im betting with a very mild overclock to 4ghz on a 2500k, you will see better performance than your 4.3ghz Q9550, its just a faster architecture, its nice
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Happy Birthday to my beloved Sandy!
heart.gif

I love my 2600K to death! I'm gonna be keeping this until the 2nd generation of the next iteration of CPUs (Intel's "tock"), so probably Haswell
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I replaced my AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (2.0ghz) with the Sandy Bridge i7 2600K and it's been amazing the kind of performance boost I have.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
I replaced my Q9650 with my i5 2500k. I got it this time last year, and im still in love with it.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb2e View Post

I just upgraded at the very end of December, loving it so far, just need to get a cooler to overclock this beast
biggrin.gif
While your overclock is definitely no slouch, coming from a Q9550 myself, I have a unique perspective on the upgrade. While I was only at 3.8ghz, this 2500k is faster at stock than the Q9550 was overclocked, just keep that in mind. Im betting with a very mild overclock to 4ghz on a 2500k, you will see better performance than your 4.3ghz Q9550, its just a faster architecture, its nice
biggrin.gif
I plan on going straight to SB-E. I already know the difference in performance.

Since I have no probs running anything, I can happily skip the bus full of 2500K clone troopers.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts