Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on get a Clip+, but now it has this feature of accepting MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards.

First of all, does this mean I can get a cheap 2GB clip and buy a 8gb MicroSD and have a 10GB clip which I can connect to my computer and load songs onto?

And secondly, is there a preference between MicroSD and MicroSDHC? Which should I get for the Clip+?

Lastly, I'm trying to find a great deal. The 2GB is $30, the 4GB is $37, and the 8GB is $57...Should I just get the 8GB for 60 bucks, or get the 4GB and buy a card?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
some players will only use the sd card when its inserted (disables built in ram)

others can switch between onboard/sd card

you can get the 4g player, then get a 8-16g card later
8g will be around $10, 16~$25

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Always go for the largest capacity you can get and then get a card later. It will recognise both the internal capacity and the card separately but the songs and menus etc... with be integrated in the firmware, however in 'search by folder' mode they will be separate.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekiwi;11975306
Always go for the largest capacity you can get and then get a card later. It will recognise both the internal capacity and the card separately but the songs and menus etc... with be integrated in the firmware, however in 'search by folder' mode they will be separate.
Well if they can both be used at the same time, wouldn't the cheaper (and better) option be to get a smaller capacity player, and then buy the larger capacity card? What's the downside?

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Downsides are that it'll use more battery accessing the microSD card and well, less total capacity really.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts