Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up one of these cards, is changing the HS worth it? I have only started to OC it a bit, but have already seen temps in the high 70s. ATI Tool's top temp was 90, is this the top end for ATI? I am new to ATI so I don't know the temp ranges that well, or the clock speeds...

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
mid to upper 70's is not unusual for 800 or 850's...

it is going to pose an issue when OCing though...

Changing the heatsink is up to you though, do you think its necessary to change and overclock a brand new card? lol

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421
mid to upper 70's is not unusual for 800 or 850's...

it is going to pose an issue when OCing though...

Changing the heatsink is up to you though, do you think its necessary to change and overclock a brand new card? lol
I skimped and got a non PE, just want to bump it up to the PE speed.

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

this could help in lieu of swapping a heatsink...

http://www.xoxide.com/terminator.html

Or this one. Vantec is a good name and it keeps my card at 76 load. Not bad

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
I just ordered a powercolor X850XT (non PE) since all the PE ones had a 2 week delay (friggin austrlia). It only costs $745aus but it's a non-VIVO. I dont care though since i'm getting a TV tuner with Svideo and RCA so i dotn need the VIVO on the Graphics card.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BFRD
I just picked up one of these cards, is changing the HS worth it? I have only started to OC it a bit, but have already seen temps in the high 70s. ATI Tool's top temp was 90, is this the top end for ATI? I am new to ATI so I don't know the temp ranges that well, or the clock speeds...

I saw these temperaturee too. I saw 85 after running 3dmark05. (was o/c to PE spec too) hehe

·
Registered
120 Posts
the suggested fan-over-chip type of heatsink may not work since the stock cooler has the intake near the power connector and exhaust outside of nthe case. The rest of the features are enclosed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts