Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about picking up another Sapphire HD 5770 and crossfiring it on Windows 7 64bit; has anyone performed this set up?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdmsupra
View Post

Looks like a good board.

What..the EX58-UD5? I just got it running last night. So far so good, and yeah, it's a very nice board.

What do you think about 5770 in CF?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Should be great, it's up to you and your wallet

And if you decide to go CF, you must oc your cpu, you should do it right now, even with 1 card "only".

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeatluke
View Post

My wallet never has much to say...I just keep in folded up in my back pocket ready to use,

I think I will go for it. Since the 5870's are so difficult to get right now, and this new power supply should handle it with ease

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeatluke
View Post

And if you decide to go CF, you must oc your cpu, you should do it right now, even with 1 card "only".

I really suck at it, seriously..but I'd like to get to 3.0-3.5 at least, I'm not looking to grow wings on my rig and have it fly out of my house, 3.5 will be just fine.

Why must it be OC'ed with CF? So that the CPU can keep up with the GPU's?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diabolical999
View Post

OP, are you thinking their'd be an issue or something ?

Yeah, with Windows 7 being so new and this is the first time I am using 64bit and crossfire, so there are a lot of variables going in to this.

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
HD5770 CF is = or better then HD5850 in some cases. HD5770 CF will run perfectly on wnidows 7 x64. I do not believe you need to oc your cpu for the HD5770 CF.

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SAFX
View Post

I see that you have the 5770 in CF on Windows 7 64; how do you like the set up? Any driver, OS, or extended desktop issues?

Thanks

Windows 7 x64 and HD5770 CF is working perfectly fine. Better than I thought it will.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by dixson01974 View Post
Windows 7 x64 and HD5770 CF is working perfectly fine. Better than I thought it will.
Thank you..you just made my Thanksgiving

1 - 20 of 31 Posts