Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the exact length of these cards, according to Sapphire the length of the Dual X is 28 cm but 1 person on newegg claims it's 28,8 and as for the Vapor X, according to the spec page it says 28,5 cm while the 6 gb versions are noted as 27,5.

I have exactely 28 cm space.

I need your measurements pls.

Thanks,

Prog

·
What should be here ?
6,081 Posts
With 28cm, could you remove the HDD bays and make additional space, may be the person was inferring that it with the GPU power connections

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im afraid not, 28 cm is def the max. I tried clarifying with Sapphire support but al they could do was link me the spec pages that i gave them in the first place.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I just measured my 7970 DualX and it comes in at around 28.5cm in slot due to the shroud sticking out so much at the back.....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobinov View Post

I just measured my 7970 DualX and it comes in at around 28.5cm in slot due to the shroud sticking out so much at the back.....
You're too badass, thanks alot man
thumb.gif

Now for a Vapor X owner, anyone?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Are you sure you can't remove the HDD bays? If the case doesn't support that and you're okay with it, you can try hardmodding your case yourself to remove the HDD bay I believe such a thing was possible.
Also with 7970 and a 3770k, you might want to change the PSU you have if you're gonna overclock. The 450W will probably be enough for both of them overclocked but it'll be pushed to its limits most likely.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The HDD bay is non removable, sure i can tear the thing off with a saw but if i wanted to do any extra work id just get a new case but for now i just want the best possible 7970 that fits.

Can someone measure their 7970 Ghz Vapor X pls?

I got these cheeseburgers man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-_KlY5WaE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts