Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got 9600XT I though is a goood card BUT, I got a F****ing prob that my memory overclock great, But i Cant overclock more than 10Mhz to the GPU with stock fan, the artifact shown instantly after run the game then crash, I had removed the heatsink (stock with blue light) and check if it is a heat prob. So what cause this Bull****

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah it should be , is a OEM edition that have a Blue LED in the fan, my friend ggot the box which dont have light, they are both same card. but mine crash when gaming. I cleaned the GPU with teeshuuu

·
Premium Member
22,005 Posts
<<<<-------

I have been here a little more than a week

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 9600xt that wouldn't overclock more than 10Mhz also with the regular 4.11 catalyst drivers, but when I switched over to the Omega drivers I got an extra 50Mhz out of the GPU and 30Mhz out of the mem without missing a beat on the first try. I still have room to go but haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Get the Omega drivers for ATI cards, it comes with radlinker for an OC utility, but honestly, I prefer ATI-tool.

You could also lap the heatsink to ensure that you get the best possible transfer between the core and the sink. I did it with my 9800 and it made a difference.

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
its probably just a dud core, if u get good memory OCs (700MHz+) i wouldnt worry about the core too much as 500MHz is already fast and most dont get above 530 - 550MHz core speed without volt modding the core. For all the info u need just check out my guide

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.