Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Overclock? What?
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just what the title says. Any information regarding stock voltages for these cards would be appreciated. MSI Afterburner is showing 1100mv and bit of pieces when searching on google show it should possibly be 1200mv?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hout17 View Post

Just what the title says. Any information regarding stock voltages for these cards would be appreciated. MSI Afterburner is showing 1100mv and bit of pieces when searching on google show it should possibly be 1200mv?

Thanks!
I got two 7990 Maltas, and the actual stock voltage 'shown' depends to some extent on their ASIC...that said, '1.2v' was advertised as the 'optional' max voltage via CCC and MSI AB at which point they should clock to around 1200....btw, w/ custom Bios tools from TechPowerUp , they can be brought up to 1.4v (assuming strong water cooling etc) http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/vbe7-vbios-editor-for-radeon-hd-7000-series-cards.189089/#post-2962165

·
Overclock? What?
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joa3d43 View Post

I got two 7990 Maltas, and the actual stock voltage 'shown' depends to some extent on their ASIC...that said, '1.2v' was advertised as the 'optional' max voltage via CCC and MSI AB at which point they should clock to around 1200....btw, w/ custom Bios tools from TechPowerUp , they can be brought up to 1.4v (assuming strong water cooling etc) http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/vbe7-vbios-editor-for-radeon-hd-7000-series-cards.189089/#post-2962165
Great thanks for the quick answer so the 1.2 is more of an advertised max. I have it currently running in a custom water loop runs nice and cool.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Quote:

Great thanks for the quick answer so the 1.2 is more of an advertised max. I have it currently running in a custom water loop runs nice and cool.
...I think it was about 'advertising' as they could swallow a lot of wattage at 1.2v (never mind 1.4v)...I'm a bit foggy on it now, but the ads said 375w or so which was only possible with 1.1v...using the CCC or MSI AB sliders would get you to 1.2v, but obviously well above the 375w...I've been running mine @ between 1.3 and 1.4v for years (heavily cooled) w/ MSI AB as the tool with extended overclocking limits enabled... (up to 1.3v, >> 1.4 takes the TechPowerUp VBE bios tool per above)...1.3v to 1.4v yields not that much extra, btw.

·
Overclock? What?
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

...here's a glimpse re. 2x 7990s / 4x GPU, run done about a year ago

Nice!

·
Overclock? What?
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more question are all malta cards voltage locked? My sapphire doesn't not seem to be changing voltage frequencies when I change the setting in afterburner however checking the constant voltage option allows me to change frequencies.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Quote:

One more question are all malta cards voltage locked? My sapphire doesn't not seem to be changing voltage frequencies when I change the setting in afterburner however checking the constant voltage option allows me to change frequencies.
...I assume you also have disabled ULPS and checked 'extended overclocking limits' or s.th. like it...it will ask to reboot and then give you a little approval screen re indemnification / lack of support etc the next time you open MSI AB...that should get you to 1.2v...alternatively, you can try that VBE07 Bios tool, there you can spec any voltage (to 1.3/4) and base clocks

·
Overclock? What?
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

...I assume you also have disabled ULPS and checked 'extended overclocking limits' or s.th. like it...it will ask to reboot and then give you a little approval screen re indemnification / lack of support etc the next time you open MSI AB...that should get you to 1.2v...alternatively, you can try that VBE07 Bios tool, there you can spec any voltage (to 1.3/4) and base clocks
I have disabled ULPS but have not checked the extended overclocking limits. I will do that and reboot and report back. Thanks!

·
Overclock? What?
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, still only going up to 1.1v per GPUZ with force constant voltage it works but without it appears to be a no go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts