Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102095

I just ordered this card to make me feel better after becoming very angry at my former college. I think it was a good impulse buy. It will be replaced an eVGA 8800GTS 320mb, so I'll let you guys know what I think of the new card along with some benchmarks if I feel really ambitious.

One question for now, though, I noticed in the pictures that there is a Futuremark CD, does it come with a retail version of 3dMark06?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
They're back in stock all of a sudden? LOL Dang I want one! Stupid OS X. >=\\

Great buy, dude.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'm pretty sure it comes with 06. By the way, good choice.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just received the card today before work, the only bench I'm going to show is 3dMark06 I think. My previous setup with the eVGA 8800GTS 320mb score is in my sig. Let's see if I can beat it

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Yes, finally someone to own both a 8800 and a 2900. I'm hoping for an unbiased opinion and results =)

·
Registered
650 Posts
I wonder how big the difference will be if much of any? I'll take your other 8800!! I was almost thinking of getting one myself, but I think I will probably hold out for the next generation or unless they release an 8900!

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtpuser
View Post

I wonder how big the difference will be if much of any? I'll take your other 8800!! I was almost thinking of getting one myself, but I think I will probably hold out for the next generation or unless they release an 8900!

or fry your 8800 when the new gen is out and rma for another card =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts