Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright heres the deal. This Card has passiv cooling. Looks like zalman check it out at http://www.hothardware.com/viewartic...id=472&catid=2

I have clocked this card from 378/338 to 435/350 and modified whit 1 chassi fan that i can run 1500 rpm and 3000rpm and then one old CPU fan 5000rpm

I mounted the Chassi fan on the heatzink thats connected to the core and then i placed the CPU fan on the side so it Blow air in between the card on the memory. And the question is. Do i need one more chassi fan on the top heatzink also? I am keeping the Craphic card below the temp that it has whit original settings and NO FANS.

Im using ATI tool and i was wondering do i have to load my clocked settings everytime i start upp windows? Should i run default setting when i dont play games?

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
In ATI tool, you can set the 2D and 3D speeds, by setting these two different selections to your overclocked speed, you'll be running Windows at the overclocked video speed.

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
I actually have wondered the same thing. RivaTuner lets me set my GT's 2d vs. 3D speed, and I have overclocked by 2D settings to match my 3D settings. But I often wonder if there is a point to doing so? 2D graphics simply are not that challenging, so the OC is probably unnecessary. Since running it OCed increases temps and potentially shortens the life of the card, I wonder if it is worth it.

This may be less of a decision with Longhorn and it's 3D interface.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hm so...Setting 2d default and 3dClocked? =P

And...Changin clock and mem speed all the time..doesnt that ruin the card ?=O

1 - 4 of 4 Posts