Overclock.net banner

SATA connector pass-thrus

1262 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  fastturtle
i'm trying to find sata connector pass-thrus with no luck.. am i searching for the wrong word or do they not exist? I need female to female connectors with mounting provisions....

TIA
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Meep
5,578 Posts
Can't seem to find one either?

Maybe you could go with a custom cabled passthrough, in theory anything with 7+ pins should work.

Take a sata cable cut off one end, and crimp on an RJ45(ethernet) connecter for example, as F to F RJ45 passthrough connectors are cheap and readily available.

No idea if this would work tho, just an idea.

· Registered
180 Posts
i'm trying to find sata connector pass-thrus with no luck.. am i searching for the wrong word or do they not exist? I need female to female connectors with mounting provisions....

TIA
Don't think anyone makes such a Cable. You're better bet would be something like an LSI 9207-4e4i (The E is an External Port). Connects to another similar card in a case (8046 port) with the inside port being an 8087 so you can either get a standard 4 Sata Fan out cable to directly connect the drives or use one with 8042 connectors (SaS) that work fine with Sata drives. Just pulled my 9211-8i card as my new GPU covered the x16 slot it was in. The nice thing is, that card isn't very expensive and if lucky, can get it already in HBA/IT mode instead of Raid. If you need raid, it's better then a 9211-4e4i (2008 chip) due to being a later version.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.