Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had given up on my problem a couple months ago after many hours of trying different fixes, but I've noticed people on this forum seem to know quite abit, maybe someone can help me. Here's my situation:

ECS PF88 Extreme Mobo
- 4 SATA 150 Ports controlled by a SiS controller
- 2 SATA 300 Ports controlled by a SiL3132 controller

Trying to connect my WD2500KS (SATA 2) HDD

Now, the hard drive connects fine to the SATA 150 ports and I loaded WinXP on it(more on why later) and I have no problems. The HDD drive shows up at ATA 133, but I've heard thats normal.

I want to run the HDD off of the SiL controller and get my use of the SATA2 equipment I've bought.

The SiL3132 driver shows up during post and now I've even got it active in Windows in the Device Manager.

I tried using a floppy to install the drivers during WinXP install (via F6 option) and I've even tried slipstreaming the drivers into my WinXP install.

My next attempt is going to be installing Windows to my regular IDE drive and hooking up my HDD via SATA2 ports and trying to find it inside Windows. But I'd rather have my WinXP on my SATA2 drive rather than some ATA-66 IDE i've got sitting around.

Any ideas? Anybody wanna trade an ECS PF88 Extreme Hybrid mobo (SIMA card expansion capable) for a different mobo which I could OC?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The most recent drivers are installed. They show up during POST and in my Device Manager. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts