Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veto1024

Most likely... unless you have to use RAID... otherwise just pop hte windows xp (assuming its xp) cd in and on u go.

OK you lost me .......^^talking in circles

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsLasher

OK you lost me .......^^talking in circles

It will be Ok without a floppy.

I think he was referring to if you have to setup a RAID array as for needing a floppy for that operation.

·
Registered
386 Posts
but he will require the floppy drive wen install the raid drivers on win xp setup otherwise winxp setup will not detect his sata drive

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HaYChE
but he will require the floppy drive wen install the raid drivers on win xp setup otherwise winxp setup will not detect his sata drive
Yep, it is absolutely necessary to have a floppy drive for fresh installations unless you slipstream the XP CD with the necessary drivers. If you dont have one I would suggest just buying one since they are only like six bucks. Or you could just borrow someones.

·
Banned
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalphreak
Yep, it is absolutely necessary to have a floppy drive for fresh installations unless you slipstream the XP CD with the necessary drivers. If you dont have one I would suggest just buying one since they are only like six bucks. Or you could just borrow someones.
Thanx I'll steal the one out of my wifes puter for a bit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.