Well that explains ALOT.

·
Watercooler
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Happy Dad
346 Posts
Sounds like he/they found a way to get WU's before anyone else.

·
Overclocking since 1998
931 Posts
I think you are right. It does seem like around April 8th I started having more trouble getting WUs.

Funny how one super computer cluster can suck up that many. 350kW power consumption!

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,774 Posts
i mean... i'm surprised the system doesn't prioritize higher power systems first for WU distribution.

·
Overclocking since 1998
931 Posts
i mean... i'm surprised the system doesn't prioritize higher power systems first for WU distribution.
That would be logical. Another idea though:

If there is any intelligence to WU distribution, I might prioritize loyalty over processing power though. This Saturn V system would be the perfect example. It comes along and crunches for a few weeks. Individual folders with mere 1080Ti's who have been folding for months/years get frustrated and stop folding. Saturn V moves onto other workloads (like we know it will). Now F&H ends up with fewer computing resources in the long run because they didn't keep the little guys going.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,774 Posts
sound reasoning.

Wonder what Saturn V actually is. do we know? corp? school? loaded madlad?

·
Watercooler
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can't get more than 1 GPU task per IP... suuuure.
I mean to me it makes more sense to give it to a super computer who can do a whole years work in a week.
Just sucks for the little guys, but that's okay, give it a month or 2 and it will be back to normal!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts