Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
View attachment 205449

View attachment 205450

View attachment 205451

View attachment 205452

View attachment 205453

Yes, I just got this. Couldn't wait to share the pics. More coming soon. Price paid at Dell's Outlet store online $899 (normal refurb price) - 10% code + taxes = about $900 even. Came with the full 3 year warranty that is the same as the one you get with a new one. Normal full retail price on dell's website is $1499.99 although you can get it on sale for less etc.

Will post more pics when possible. Have to wait until tomorrow night to get the Dual-Link DVI cable to be able to see the full native resolution.

Cheers i'll be back later o7

Edit: Yes, I had Togos for lunch. Crazy combo ftw.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
gratz

·
Banned
2,784 Posts
Awesome!

Reminds me of the day I received my 3007WFP-HC at Dell Outlet for 769$ including shipping.

That was just a bit over two years ago.

One of the top 3 best choices I ever made.

I advice EVERYONE to check out Dell Outlet for all your monitor needs.
The 3007WFP-HC I got was IDENTICAL to a brand new one and came with warranty.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
2560x1600 will put a little hurt on those 580s
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
516 Posts
Excellent buy OP, I doubt you will ever regret it. I haven't second guessed mine once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBcobra;13116464
2560x1600 will put a little hurt on those 580s
biggrin.gif
What do you play that will put "a little hurt" on SLIed 580s? My single 480 will keep Black Ops above 60fps consistently with full detail. It runs SC2 without a hitch as well. I don't think his SLI 580s will sweat until he gets 2 more U3011s for 4800x2560. (
wink.gif
OP, nudge nudge
wink.gif
)

·
Banned
2,784 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by esp42089
View Post

Excellent buy OP, I doubt you will ever regret it. I haven't second guessed mine once.

What do you play that will put "a little hurt" on SLIed 580s? My single 480 will keep Black Ops above 60fps consistently with full detail. It runs SC2 without a hitch as well. I don't think his SLI 580s will sweat until he gets 2 more U3011s for 4800x2560. (
OP, nudge nudge
)

Why don't we all come together, each with his 30" and test out Surround?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys thanks for all of the grats etc, much appreciated. so i haven't taken anymore pictures yet. here's some comments i have so far:

it did not come with a dual-link DVI cable. So right now I am using a regular dvi-link cable and it does let me set the resolution to 2560x1600, but its obviously very bad blurry etc.

So I did change the resolution around and the only resolutions that are usable atm is 1920x1080 or lower. The monitor basically puts black bars on the top and bottom and what shows as 1920x1080 is still a little blurry and does not look good at all. This is to be expected from what I've read so far.

I get the dual link DVI in the mail today. So when I get home I will take some pics of what it looks like with only regular DVI @ 2560x1600 & also what it looks like at 1920x1080p. THen I'll take some pics of the two resolutions using the dual link DVI cable.

Also...Portal 2 is released today!!! Can anyone say portal 2 @ x1600 rez, hell yes.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by elderfoster
View Post

Also...Portal 2 is released today!!! Can anyone say portal 2 @ x1600 rez, hell yes.

It is? Last I checked, today is the 14th, and it will be released on the 19th

By the way, the refurbished U3011 just came back in stock again.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay so I just got my Dual-Link DVI cable in the mail. I plugged it in but everything is still the same. It still lets me select the x1600 resolution but everything is just as blurry as before. I'm using the evga gtx 580 and it says both dvi connectors support dual-link...and both of the monitor inputs are dual-link dvi. What am I missing? Here are some pictures.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Am i doing something wrong though, maybe? This is my first time trying to set it up. It looks the same as when I was using a regular DVI cable, even though I'm using the new dual link DVI cable.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Strange that it didn't come with that cable to begin with...maybe they knew it from the start and hoped that you would never use that connection.

Oh man, and this is right after I bought one of the refurbished U3011s.
frown.gif

1 - 20 of 30 Posts