Overclock.net banner

Say hi to a newbie trying to be one of the "cool" guys

6447 Views 19 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  FilluX
Hi everyone, don't really see a point with this thread but typing and clogging your forums sounded like a fun enough job to waste a few minutes into.

I'm 19/m/Finland, an amateur photographer/3D-modeler very interested about rendering animations and physics simulations with optimal performance per buck (sigh, students). I have a wire-tidying fetish (useless molex and too long IDE on my old system are making me rage), and I also happen to like energy efficient systems, but that I believe is out of questions before they'll invent those quantum-light processors. I'm currently considering Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel Core i7 920, 3x 1GB DDR3 1066MHz for my future build, which would approximately be some 15-times faster (sans gaming) according to direct comparison in Blender benchmarks than my current system (which I'm trying to sell for $450)

Yeah, but this forum seems to have a large quantity of quality threads on just about everything I could hope for (just stumbled upon tips on how to shave many seconds off the boot time on Windows XP), I have the feeling I'll be reading stickies for few months but I guess that's the easiest way to get most of the info I need and drive the least amount of you crazy. More from me when I'm too scared to boot my precious new i7 because it might go over 50°C

Some 3D renders, I love AO and metals, so my renders usually get slow very fast :< I'm currently modeling a Noctua CPU cooler, but the renders are not that great. I'm using Blender 2.46 for modeling, and Blender internal rendered for most renders because other renderers confuse me. The revolver one and the tanto/knife/whatever are rendered with Indigo (=awesome) though. Textures I usually do with Photoshop Elements 6, because my Crazybumb trial expired :<

This one was a 2 hour quickie from photographic reference, explaining the good results. Also the textures are just the photo UV mapped over the models

My personal favourite:

Thanks for reading / watching!
See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Welcome Bioshock !!!
Hi and WELCOME
See less See more
Nice rig...and welcome to OCN! Good to see another photographer. We got a couple here at OCN ourselves, like Marin for example, he takes extraordinary photos.
Hi and welcome!

I'm also from Finland
There are about 3 other members here from Finlan

See you around!

-FilluX
See less See more
Hey man, welcome, show us some photos some time
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brythe View Post
Welcome Bioshock !!!
that's me fave game, lol.

welcome
. ejoy yourself, and fill in your system specs. also, be polite and you'll have no issues.
See less See more
welcome to our overclocking cloud
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by boydyboyd View Post
Care to share some of your works?
Sure, I don't have a certain theme going on so they might be a little difficult to watch in rapid success.

This was my penkkarit-costume, penkkarit being this amusing going away-seremony for high school seniors where most people consume way too much beverages than what's good for them. It was great fun though, people seemed to like the fact that I drank some drinks through the spandex on my head, which spread the fluid all over my mouth. The feeling of being "Anon" around people was mighty fun too!

Thanks for the kind replies everyone!
See less See more
Wow, those are great images

Welcome!
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk View Post
Wow, those are great images

Welcome!
Thank you, I love your avatar by the way!

Added some 3D renders to the OP.
See less See more
wow. Im impressed those are really good.

You should set up some kind of website to display them all.
You've got a great talent. Can we use your advice on computer mods..
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma8750 View Post
You've got a great talent. Can we use your advice on computer mods..
Do you mean computer models, as in modeling computer parts? I was thinking about modeling an Antec Three Hundred case with mobo, GPU, RAM, optical drives, HDD and fans, and trying to import it into an airflow simulator just to check out how could I optimize the airflow on my future build (and of course make the information available here if it was of adequate scientific accuracy), but I ended up playing some 2D powder games
See less See more
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.