Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I restart my PC the resolution scales back and has about a half inch black border around the screen.

A simple fix is to simply double click the ATI system tray icon and it jumps back to full screen but is there a permanent fix for this?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've got that issue too, mate. Are you using HDTV?
Because I used HDTV, and I think, that resolution was not good supported for my tv, so it's scales always.

Try to lower your resolution.

·
Registered
343 Posts
not sure about a fix for it but which driver version are you using as I got the xfx 5770 about 2 week ago, installed the driver from the amd site and it kept blue screening whenever I watched a video, strangely enough didnt do it when playing games, took that driver off and used the one with the cd and it works fine now, which driver version are you using?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for quick replies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PureDorian
View Post

I've got that issue too, mate. Are you using HDTV?
Because I used HDTV, and I think, that resolution was not good supported for my tv, so it's scales always.

Try to lower your resolution.

Using a HD monitor...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1greeny1
View Post

not sure about a fix for it but which driver version are you using as I got the xfx 5770 about 2 week ago, installed the driver from the amd site and it kept blue screening whenever I watched a video, strangely enough didnt do it when playing games, took that driver off and used the one with the cd and it works fine now, which driver version are you using?

HIS 5770, using the drivers that came with the GPU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fooxz
View Post

might this help?

http://www.overclock.net/ati/803169-...ard-scale.html

This looked promising but its something I already did and the Overscan is set correctly, its just that when I reboot it jumps back that half an inch (Just need to double click ATI icon for it to pop back - strange.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts