Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had a few bad experiences with Scan in the past but it was a while ago and I've heard nothing but good things about them since then.

A friend goes to order a few things 2 or 3 weeks ago and Scan just don't post it (he paid for next-day delivery, they tell him it's out of stock ~4 days later even though it was in stock when he ordered...).

So anyway, I was shopping around for a GTX 460 and the only ones I could find (which were reasonably priced) were on Overclockers.co.uk and Scan.co.uk. Overclockers don't accept PayPal, so Scan it was. I checked to make sure the item was in stock, pressed order, went through the PayPal checkout process. 45 minutes later my payment/order is still "Pending", I thought that was strange. I go to my Scan account to find out my order is a pre-order and they don't have any of them left... WTH

I just left a ticket on their site so it'll be at least 3 days before I even get a response. Then probably another 4 or 5 before I get my order cancelled/my money refunded (if they even choose to do that).

/rant inb4scanfanboiz

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanders54 View Post
Cool story bro.

No, but seriously. You were very unlucky
I'd call it a **** company rather than an unlucky experience. Most of my experiences with scan have been poor on their part and it's also happened to many people I know who've used them. Never again.

·
Banned
4,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I'd call it a **** company rather than an unlucky experience. Most of my experiences with scan have been poor on their part and it's also happened to many people I know who've used them. Never again.
They have been great to me xD

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
Scan's service is 100% amazing for me everytime and I have never had a problem with them at all.

Maybe you guys are just doing something wrong. Or on the other hand, they just don't like you.

·
Banned
4,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Rocker View Post
Scan's service is 100% amazing for me everytime and I have never had a problem with them at all.

Maybe you guys are just doing something wrong. Or on the other hand, they just don't like you.
Yeah this xD

·
Registered
553 Posts
I had the same issue there so bad I have only ever ordered 2 things from them and there both later or didn't come, I ordered my cosmos s and then waited 3 days for them to post it after I paid next day and they wouldn't give me delivery charge back , then I ordered a yoke from them and they said they had stock , 3 days later they did the same thing and told me they will have stock a week later, one week down the line they tell me they cant get any and I have to wait 3 days to get my money back AHHH.

·
Veteran
1,146 Posts
They've always been pretty ok for me, no problems.
Only thing I could say is I hate their website layout.

Here are some pictures of an ad on the back of my customPC magazine I bought on tuesday.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Pretty unlucky. Scan have been brilliant, though i must admit £7 on delivery of something like a small fan does suck, i would love a free or cheaper alternative. Anyways i don't really understand why you're ranting/QQing when the item is in stock? You know the stock levels are not updated in real-time on the website, right? It's more like whenever an order is placed, like your situation. Don't be a crybaby

And OcUK sucks, they don't take paypal and charge £10 for delivery. Call them up or just order a different brand, prices ain't that bad. Good luck

·
Registered
553 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razi3l View Post
Pretty unlucky. Scan have been brilliant, though i must admit £7 on delivery of something like a small fan does suck, i would love a free or cheaper alternative. Anyways i don't really understand why you're ranting/QQing when the item is in stock? You know the stock levels are not updated in real-time on the website, right? It's more like whenever an order is placed, like your situation. Don't be a crybaby

And OcUK sucks, they don't take paypal and charge £10 for delivery. Call them up or just order a different brand, prices ain't that bad. Good luck

Well I have ordered about 30 items from ebuyer and never ever had an issue I am never using scan.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
I've ordered lots from scan and only had a couple of problems, some DDR2 the other year was obviously an RMA or something, packaging had been opened, and the dominator airflow fan clearly had signs of use and a damaged fan :l

I ordered a GTX460 this friday too, paid for Saturday delivery, didn't arrive untill monday
Nothing major but still annoying...

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razi3l View Post
Pretty unlucky. Scan have been brilliant, though i must admit £7 on delivery of something like a small fan does suck, i would love a free or cheaper alternative.
There is a free alternative, if they are still doing it. Sign up for a certain forum which has links with Scan (don't know if I am allowed to mention it here), post 20 times and you get free delivery on orders of over £20 to UK mainland.

I have always had decent service from Scan, they even opened a box for me to check the PCB on a 5850 was reference, something other e-tailers were not prepared to do. The only exception so far was when I sent something back under DSR (Distance Selling Regs) and they tried to charge a restocking fee. To their credit, once I complained then they refunded me the complete sum.

I have noticed that their stock status seems to update quite slowly, so they could well have shown something in stock after another order had already been placed on it. I have had this happen to me once, but I only had to wait an extra day so it wasn't a huge problem.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And Scan mess me about some more! (Surprise)

I get a reply to my ticket this morning saying that they now have the GPU back in stock and they've put one aside for me and ask if I want to pay extra for Saturday delivery. I say yes, give them the extra then I get an email saying there has been a delay getting the GPU's from their supplier and that my order is on hold (again) [even though they already have my GPU and it's been put aside for me? Cool story, Scan...].

Absolutely useless.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
And Scan mess me about some more! (Surprise)

I get a reply to my ticket this morning saying that they now have the GPU back in stock and they've put one aside for me and ask if I want to pay extra for Saturday delivery. I say yes, give them the extra then I get an email saying there has been a delay getting the GPU's from their supplier and that my order is on hold (again) [even though they already have my GPU and it's been put aside for me? Cool story, Scan...].

Absolutely useless.
That's why you don't pay extra for saturday delivery. Its your fault for paying extra to be honest, you could've waited till monday

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Is that supposed to mean something?.. they can easily lie to get your money, and before you QQ and try to troll me again i haven't read that email so i don't know what they could've said to you or have said.

Again, from what i know the chance of them shipping something out the same day is pretty low considering how busy they would be with their normal orders etc. Instead of trolling and QQing on here just call them if you're so bothered. It's as simple as that, i'm only trying to help and if you don't want my opinion then don't troll me and i couldn't care less either way. Be a man about it and not a kid from 4chan. If you're gonna act like an end of a bell then be it, i don't need to argue with a silly kid, and i think if you're gonna be such as ass about it like this then not many others would be keen to help you either. Goodbye and have fun finding help on 4chan.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Sucks. But if you're getting no love from Scan (never heard of them until now), just call your credit card company and let them know of the situation, tell them you were charged for an item that you were told was available but actually is not and ask them to reverse/block charges from Scan--they'll take care of it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts