Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if anybody has got this game, but it runs like crap and i cant find the detail settings anywhere. ALso i think it might be trying to run in direct x 9, which my card doesnt do very well.

Any ideas
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,588 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicmat View Post
Dont know if anybody has got this game, but it runs like crap and i cant find the detail settings anywhere. ALso i think it might be trying to run in direct x 9, which my card doesnt do very well.

Any ideas
Thats probably the reason why its running the way it is. Some newer games almost require DX9 exclusively. Your card is quite outdated while Scarface is a new game. Try using ATI Tool and overclocking the card a little to gain some extra performance.

Old hardware with new software=poor performance. You can always upgrade the video card.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,013 Posts
DirectX 9.0c-compatible video card (ATI Radeon x800 or NVIDIA GeForce FX 6800) or higher

Thats the minimum spec for the game
 

·
Here longer than mods lol
Joined
·
3,800 Posts
This is probably why
System Requirements
Operating System: Windows® XP with SP2
CPU: Pentium® 4 2.8 GHz or AMD® equivalent
RAM: 512 MB RAM
VIDEO: DirectX 9.0c-compatible video card (ATI Radeon x800 or NVIDIA GeForce FX 6800) or higher
CPU: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card and speakers or headphones
CD: 16x DVD-ROM
Hard Disk Space: 5 GB of uncompressed hard drive space
Need newer card me thinks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
Scarface doesn't run like ****, but it is ****

This game is the worsed overrated game ever, graphics aren't even better then GTA, there are very little settings in the game (and also many aren't even changeable). Like after 5 hours i already had bought every car there was and came to a conslusion that this game has only 1 single target: to buy an sell yayo, cokaiina that is..... and kill some gangs... there isn't more too it.

only part i liked about the game was the fake voice of tony
(there are like 5000 lines in it from tony
) This would been a waste of my money if i had bought it. glad i didn't....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,588 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Blowie
View Post

Scarface doesn't run like ****, but it is ****

This game is the worsed overrated game ever, graphics aren't even better then GTA, there are very little settings in the game (and also many aren't even changeable). Like after 5 hours i already had bought every car there was and came to a conslusion that this game has only 1 single target: to buy an sell yayo, cokaiina that is..... and kill some gangs... there isn't more too it.

only part i liked about the game was the fake voice of tony
(there are like 5000 lines in it from tony
) This would been a waste of my money if i had bought it. glad i didn't....


And this helps the situation how?
 

·
Here longer than mods lol
Joined
·
3,800 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by TheLegend
View Post

And this helps the situation how?

LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by TheLegend
View Post

And this helps the situation how?

who said i was trying to help the situation with this reply, lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,588 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Blowie
View Post

who said i was trying to help the situation with this reply, lol

He's having a problem with running his game properly. I don't think he appreciates nor needs to hear you bash the game he is trying to run. If you think the game is poor, start your own thread and you can talk about it there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by TheLegend
View Post

He's having a problem with running his game properly. I don't think he appreciates nor needs to hear you bash the game he is trying to run. If you think the game is poor, start your own thread and you can talk about it there.

i don't need to start or do anything...

PATCH: http://games.softpedia.com/get/Trail...UK-Patch.shtml - UK 1.01

(BTW scarface asks allot from your pc, even with poor graphics, so maybe it's just the game that is overated for the rig you have)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeh i know its a demanding game, but the minimim requirements says geforce fx5500 or radeon 9200/9250, the ones which you posted were the recommended.
Would there be no way to force it into direcxt x 7 or 8? I tried dx tweaker but it didnt work lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,671 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by sonicmat
View Post

yeh i know its a demanding game, but the minimim requirements says geforce fx5500 or radeon 9200/9250, the ones which you posted were the recommended.
Would there be no way to force it into direcxt x 7 or 8? I tried dx tweaker but it didnt work lol.

9200pro will hae to use software dx 9. You need a dx9 vid card to even run it OK
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top