Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Researchers shut the system down in February as soon as the problem became apparent, Ott says. He insists that DELIA didn't steal the money so much as misdirect it. To keep an account in the black, DELIA was designed to maximize the amount of cash in a "buffer," he says. Somewhere along the way, DELIA renamed the buffer "MY Money" and began to hoard funds, Ott says.
Source

I am not so sure how to feel about this, I think the experiment should at least continue with make believe money and see what and how the ai handles that sidelined cash it collected. Sadly, an ai robbed a bank it worked at and had more money than me.

·
RIP OCN 2018
3,119 Posts
Source? Also: April's Fool?
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xioros View Post

Source? Also: April's Fool?
biggrin.gif
It is , but non the less one of the better tech ones ive seen
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Regardless, DELIA's penny-pinching days are over. Ott says he overwrote the program's coding with a Beta version of Candy Crush IX he's been developing as a sideline.

Other researchers said they were distraught over the incident. When Science reached Cash, he was in a bar and said he'd been drinking. "DELIA's gone," he sighed. "One more round, DELIA's gone."

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookster View Post

I thought this would be a thread about people with a master in economics.
Nope, it is just for a rednecks with a baskets on their heads, while holding down couple of lizards

·
Crayon Evangelist
7,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookster View Post

I thought this would be a thread about people with a master in economics.
I see what you did there!

·
Registered
2,816 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts