Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been discussing this build for a while over on my other G5 build log but now that I have started to build it I figured it needed its own build log so here goes.

The idea of this build is to have a small robust computer that I can use at school and bring to and from school with no worries so that rules out fancy water cooling so I will just be using an H60 for cooling. Hardware comprises of
i7 4670K
Gigabyte GA Z87N wifi
8GB Corsair vengeance RAM
120GB Samsung EVO SSD
3TB Seagate HDD
HD PLex 250W power supply

The idea for the case came from the heatsink cover panels that I removed from my G5s, my brother pointed out that they would make cool side panels for a case and hence this mod was born.

The overall dimensions will be 190mmx180mmx235mm

Here are some renders of the case

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's where I got to today, I printed out templates from my sketchup model and then cut them out on the scroll saw, so far I have done half of the side panel on the motherboard side. I have removed the bulk of the material from the window section I just need to clean it up with a file.

·
Amiga 500
3,662 Posts
Subbed to this too
biggrin.gif

Love to see your progress with this one

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Do you plan on using some type of filter, with all those holes dust will be your friend.

Looking forward to the final build.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithydan View Post

Do you plan on using some type of filter, with all those holes dust will be your friend.

Looking forward to the final build.
Yep, there are effectively 2 front panels and 2 back panels, the mesh one and a solid one behind it. The solid front panel just has a 120mm hole for the intake fan of the H60 which will be filtered and then the idea is that air is blown out the back and so the back panel doesn't need to be filtered

·
Amiga 500
3,662 Posts
Damn that is unlucky....
What will you do ??

·
Registered
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardnerphotos View Post

I think i will return it, its free postage, because they are really badly bent. It didnt even come with the plastic CPU socket cover
Was it a refurbished or something ? Because the socket cover is actually a requirement pre-sale.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts