Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:

Game Informer's first look at Bethesda Softworks' Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has hit subscribers, thus making its way onto the net. The scans are out, and while we can't tell you were to find them, we can tell you about some important pieces of intel.

Leveling

Skyrim's level system works on a 1-50 scale. Though, level 50 isn't the limit; when you reach level 50, you'll gain experience much slower, making leveling a much more difficult process.

Each time a player levels, they'll earn extra health. Additionally, they can also pick one of the following traits to boost: stamina, health, or magic.

http://scrawlfx.com/2011/01/first-el...skyrim-details

I found scans of the pages and it looks amazing. I am stoked! I don't think I'm allowed to post the scans though.

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm extremely happy with how the new engine appears to be. The graphics are pretty great. I just want to see some gameplay trailers soon so I can get a feel for how the engine reacts vs the old Gamebryo engine that was just down right terribly made for the past game(s).

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The real question is, will it have level scaling? That's a major deal breaker for me, tired of all of the easy mode games that appear to casual gamers. Level scaling also killed the immersion in Oblivion for me.

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
I just hope it has the depth and complexity of Morrowind - ie. all the different religions and cults to join.

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tehpwnerofn00bs
View Post

I just hope it has the depth and complexity of Morrowind - ie. all the different religions and cults to join.

Not to mention political factions.

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
The way quests works is interesting.

I really don't like how they removed 11 skills from Morrowind though. No more mysticism? WTH.

Hopefully the leveling isn't as stupid as in Oblivion.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
I am getting really skeptical about this release.

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwarren;11932193
The real question is, will it have level scaling? That's a major deal breaker for me, tired of all of the easy mode games that appear to casual gamers. Level scaling also killed the immersion in Oblivion for me.
Did you even attempt to read the source? You didn't even have to scroll down the page to find this in the 5th paragraph:
Quote:
Level-scaling makes a return. Meaning: "The game eventually logs a huge storehouse of knowledge about how you've played, and subsequently tailors content to your capabilities and experiences. Entering a city, a young woman might approach you and beg you to save her daughter from kidnappers. The game will look at the nearby dungeons you've explored, automatically set the mission in a place you've never visited, and designate opponents that are appropriately matched to your strengths and weaknesses."

·
Registered
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwarren;11932193
im afraid it's still in...

Level-scaling makes a return. Meaning: "The game eventually logs a huge storehouse of knowledge about how you've played, and subsequently tailors content to your capabilities and experiences.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Quote:
The world includes five massive cities. Its dungeons - caves, underground areas, etcetera - will have more variation than past games.
Past games include Morrowind? This seems too good to be true. Awesome if it is though
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
I hope there are loads of villages though. Having 10 times more bandits than citizens and villagers kind of breaks the immersion.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts