Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Overclocking
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people said Screaming Caps / Winning Caps is alright but my Question is what makes it have that noise?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
The vibration of the coils.

• Rep+
Reactions: Unknownm

·
Overclocking
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradox me
View Post

The vibration of the coils.

Thanks. I guess it's alright that it makes a winning screaming noise. I only get it when I load in ati tool and play a game

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I had it with my first 8800 GTX, RMA'd it and the second didn't make a sound. Freaked me out the first time I heard it lol

My GTX 285 only started doing it after I OC'd it a bit, still does it at stock clocks now. Isn't too bad, barely noticeable in games but it's kept me from folding when I'm around the PC.

·
Overclocking
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewsifkeyser
View Post

yep nothing new get some hot glue epoxy w/e you want!

I think I will just listen to it.

I don't want to any modding to this card yet. I just got it yesterday.

Thanks thought. Both of you rep+

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
It's funny, some of both my Nvidia and ATI cards have screaming caps; I've noticed the Nvidia cards scream louder, but the ATI cards have a more annoying scream.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Either "singing" inductor coils or capacitors venting hydrogen gas. If its an inductor coil, it will probably not ever go away, singing caps should be quiet in a few months.

·
Overclocking
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually find it funny. When I run ati tool Cube I hear it and it sounds funny because the caps make different sounds when the cube rotates

Let me make a video for you guys.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownm
View Post

I actually find it funny. When I run ati tool Cube I hear it and it sounds funny because the caps make different sounds when the cube rotates

Let me make a video for you guys.

I got that one too. Also, when running artifact scan its the same sound just without the variation.

·
Overclocking
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Ihao
View Post

I got that one too. Also, when running artifact scan its the same sound just without the variation.

IT gets really annoying when a game video goes on. I was playing crysis for the first time & you get that intro video when you start a game.

I was like DAMN time to turn up the music here

1 - 15 of 15 Posts